British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

5 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Oh dear, broken collar bone , didn’t see anything on the Rebs web site.

He'l be fine in 4-5 weeks.

On 12/02/2018 at 6:39 PM, Starman2006 said:

He'l be fine in 4-5 weeks.

Disappointing for him, he has been in good form in Aus. 

All very quiet on the Somerset tread, we have the current world champion & a good side for 2018 ii it that everyone just happy & content!

If as has been rumoured that Richard Lawson must ride for Lakeside on Good Friday, do we get a choice of having a guest or is it rider replacement? I've lost track over the last few years on what the rules are on replacements now. It always used to be guest for your no.1 and rider replacement for anybody else.

What riding order would you go for to start with? Mine would be:

1 Jason Doyle 9.69

2 Jake Allen 5.07

3 Charles Wright 6.69

4 Richard Lawson 6.43

5 Jack Holder 5.82

6 Bradley W Dean 4.67

7 Jonas Jeppensen 4.00 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The rules for 2018 aren't published/approved yet!!

Rule book available March 1st 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What riding order would you go for to start with? Mine would be:

1 Jason Doyle 9.69

2 Jake Allen 5.07

3 Charles Wright 6.69

4 Richard Lawson 6.43

5 Jack Holder 5.82

6 Bradley W Dean 4.67

7 Jonas Jeppensen 4.00 

I would say Lawson would start at 5 as he is stronger than Holder atm but I think Holder will improve to be better this season and move to 5 during the season. 

1 hour ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I would say Lawson would start at 5 as he is stronger than Holder atm but I think Holder will improve to be better this season and move to 5 during the season. 

I would go at the OTA with:

1 Doyle

2 Holder

3 Allen

4 Lawson

5 Wright

6 BWD

7 Jonas

A strong number two is crucial with the TS rule returning possibly being used in Heat 8. Jake will be easily strong enough to cover heat 12 at home now.

Away though I could see him revert to number two with JD and Holder at 3 with Rich and Wrighty swapping too at 4 and 5??

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes thats the usual date each year.

Some might think it is released on April 1st with some of the recent years rules!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, drew2 said:

I would go at the OTA with:

1 Doyle

2 Holder

3 Allen

4 Lawson

5 Wright

6 BWD

7 Jonas

A strong number two is crucial with the TS rule returning possibly being used in Heat 8. Jake will be easily strong enough to cover heat 12 at home now.

Away though I could see him revert to number two with JD and Holder at 3 with Rich and Wrighty swapping too at 4 and 5??

I don't think Allen is strong enough for 3/4 yet. He did ok last season but in some meetings went missing and we would be weak in heats 12/14. Plus if at no. 2 he can learn from Doyle. Then again I trust Garry May to know what is best more than any of us. 

It's great to see the club getting some more sponsors on board as well, that will be important this season 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:32 PM, rebelwonderkid said:

Lawson has a higher Premiership average but Holder has a higher Championship average! Either could be stronger lol!

I’d go with Lawson at 5, he’s sussed the OTA now, Jack needs a few laps before he takes on that responsibility.

• Like 1

Tracks looking in great shape going by the recent picture on the Facebook page, wonder if Doyle has been ruling his eye over it. Still more work to do but looking very slick atm. Wonder if Ez is still there as I haven't heard anything