British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

6 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Tracks looking in great shape going by the recent picture on the Facebook page, wonder if Doyle has been ruling his eye over it. Still more work to do but looking very slick atm. Wonder if Ez is still there as I haven't heard anything 

As in "slick" I take it you mean good 

2 hours ago, Willowman said:

I'm led to believe Ez is no longer there.

Apparantly not mate. He was good for your club if left to his own divices..

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Apparantly not mate. He was good for your club if left to his own divices..

Actually that was his downfall mate.

He wouldn't do as asked in the end just went about things in his own way.

11 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Actually that was his downfall mate.

He wouldn't do as asked in the end just went about things in his own way.

Yeh i hear what your saying mate, but it depends how much input the riders tried to have ? IMO Riders should have some input, but not to  take over what the curator does.

He wouldn't listen to his employer not the riders.

At Somerset riders have to speak to team manager who will speak to track guy.

14 minutes ago, sugarray said:

He wouldn't listen to his employer not the riders.

At Somerset riders have to speak to team manager who will speak to track guy.

Hmm, so perhaps he should have compromised, take on board whats said, then just  done what they wanted, then if it was wrong then they couldnt blame Ezz. but im not personally a great believer in riders having a full say in how the track is prepared. when it comes to watering or ripping the start or the bends  up yes, but not the whole track.I remember Adam Sckorniki telling me years ago, when you rip the turns up and just leave it like that all they are doing is riding through loose dirt with no traction. But Im not sure any curator would put up with that. You can never prepare the track the same way two weeks running, you can do it the same way, but the track wont ride the same.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Hmm, so perhaps he should have compromised, take on board whats said, then just  done what they wanted, then if it was wrong then they couldnt blame Ezz. but im not personally a great believer in riders having a full say in how the track is prepared. when it comes to watering or ripping the start or the bends  up yes, but not the whole track.I remember Adam Sckorniki telling me years ago, when you rip the turns up and just leave it like that all they are doing is riding through loose dirt with no traction. But Im not sure any curator would put up with that. You can never prepare the track the same way two weeks running, you can do it the same way, but the track wont ride the same.

Riders should have some say as at the end of the day they are the ones who can tell how the track is riding. As I said in a previous post Doyle has probably had some say on the track. At the end of the day it's a team effort from top to bottom. Everyone has their own delegations but advice should always be taken. 

12 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Riders should have some say as at the end of the day they are the ones who can tell how the track is riding. As I said in a previous post Doyle has probably had some say on the track. At the end of the day it's a team effort from top to bottom. Everyone has their own delegations but advice should always be taken. 

Granted, they should. But not take over.

22 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

As in smooth

I don't think slick necessarily means smooth, rather it means very little loose shail. It could still be rutted but with all the shail compressed,  in although it is generally accepted that the Oak Tree has a good racing surface.

I love watching at Somerset, great shape for great racing.     When I've been there, which is quite a lot, the surface complemented the shape.     

• Like 1

So no matching team suits for us apparently going by Jason Doyle's twitter and other posts on the Poole thread. I appreciate it costs a fair amount of money but poor decision in my eyes from a marketing, association and professional perspective. 

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

So no matching team suits for us apparently going by Jason Doyle's twitter and other posts on the Poole thread. I appreciate it costs a fair amount of money but poor decision in my eyes from a marketing, association and professional perspective. 

Is there any proof of this? Jason never named Somerset.