British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

11 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Is there any proof of this? Jason never named Somerset. 

Sugarray has also said about it on the Poole thread, who is usually very reliable with his information.

I can't imagine Jason Doyle really cares about what other teams are wearing other than his own team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Sugarray has also said about it on the Poole thread, who is usually very reliable with his information.

I can't imagine Jason Doyle really cares about what other teams are wearing other than his own team.

With all due respect to Sugarray, no one really knows what Debbie is planning or not. With the money now available she may go and get Team suits. I personally don't see the problem with race jackets. Apart from last season I've never really liked them and preferred the jackets. 

18 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

With all due respect to Sugarray, no one really knows what Debbie is planning or not. With the money now available she may go and get Team suits. I personally don't see the problem with race jackets. Apart from last season I've never really liked them and preferred the jackets. 

Sugarray knows what he is talking about.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Najjer said:

Sugarray knows what he is talking about.

He may know what he is talking about but who really knows what the plan is from Debbie. 

17 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

He may know what he is talking about but who really knows what the plan is from Debbie. 

You've probably just answered your own question.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

You've probably just answered your own question.

Not really I respect Sugarray with facts and figures but who really knows what Debbie is thinking but hey if i'm wrong and he has connections then I will admit i'm wrong,  as I said I don't really care if we have suits or not. I like the different colours of the riders kevlars. 

Edited by rebelwonderkid
  • Like 1

I loved it when riders were easy to recognise by their personal, rather than team coloured suits.

Plus, when you have a guest, or introduce a new rider to the team after the start of the season, all that is needed is to hand him a race-jacket, and the team still looks like a team.       

Race jackets for me every time -- unless a major team sponsor makes the promotion an offer they can't refuse.

Edited by Uluru
  • Like 2

The problem with riders using their own race jackets is that opposing riders can easily identify who's behind them during a race, thus making a pass a bit harder as they have a better idea of where the attack could come from.

Most riders don't take any notice of opposition as they are riding their own race.

50 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I usually only see Aussies at Poole or Somerset!

Really? 6 out of the 8 teams have Aussies in the team this season, 7 out of 8 last season 

Not very flattering picture of Debbie on Rebels web site, need to use the soft focus on your camera. Press and practice day is the bar open?  As there is two hours from end of practice at 5pm to evening session in club house, will there be food available and anything happening in the two hour gap?   Old Rebels videos on club house screen perhaps?     

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Not very flattering picture of Debbie on Rebels web site, need to use the soft focus on your camera. Press and practice day is the bar open?  As there is two hours from end of practice at 5pm to evening session in club house, will there be food available and anything happening in the two hour gap?   Old Rebels videos on club house screen perhaps?     

If they did that and they showed old meetings including guests and R/R would you wish to leave?? :P :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, drew2 said:

If they did that and they showed old meetings including guests and R/R would you wish to leave?? :P :rolleyes::lol:

Very funny, but true :)

• Like 2