British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Going by the article on the website about Lawson reaching the podium at Lakeside, we do have race suits this season. 

Think that means race jacket.

I was supposed to pick them up yesterday but never happened. 

Garry was sorting today, does that help?

I see you can now buy tickets on line, good idea I thought, however it's the same admission price so why would you buy in advance especially with the great British weather, there is also a 50p handling fee. Racecourses do this (horses) you can buy in advance but it's usually a £1 off the normal admission price.   

Edited by oldtimer
missed some info

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, oldtimer said:

Not very flattering picture of Debbie on Rebels web site, need to use the soft focus on your camera. Press and practice day is the bar open?  As there is two hours from end of practice at 5pm to evening session in club house, will there be food available and anything happening in the two hour gap?   Old Rebels videos on club house screen perhaps?     

Anyone know the answer to my question please?

Well done Doyley at Belle Vue tonight. Looks like Wrighty had a goodun as well.  Encouraging start.

• Like 1

Wrighty and Doyle had a terrific race. You wouldn’t  think they were team mates. Great stuff.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I see you can now buy tickets on line, good idea I thought, however it's the same admission price so why would you buy in advance especially with the great British weather, there is also a 50p handling fee. Racecourses do this (horses) you can buy in advance but it's usually a £1 off the normal admission price.   

Crikey Oldtimer, just for a second I thought you were about to say something positive about Somerset speedway!! Alas, I was wrong!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Well done Doyley at Belle Vue tonight. Looks like Wrighty had a goodun as well.  Encouraging start.

Doyle has turned into a world beater and is great to watch, his race against Wright was superb with Iverson superbly winning the race.

From a Belle Vue fans point heat 12 was a cracker, Dan Bewley made the gate and was off, J Doyle could not get near enough no matter how hard he tried. Still a worthy winner of the PCMT. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sugarray said:

Think that means race jacket.

I was supposed to pick them up yesterday but never happened. 

Garry was sorting today, does that help?

Yep you're right (which as I said I would admit if I was wrong).  Doyley had the template of it on his race suit last night. You can see it in his interview on SGB on YouTube. 

1 minute ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Yep you're right (which as I said I would admit if I was wrong).  Doyley had the template of it on his race suit last night. You can see it in his interview on SGB on YouTube. 

I've not seen the race jackets yet. Will have to wait till Wednesday along with everyone else.

17 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I've not seen the race jackets yet. Will have to wait till Wednesday along with everyone else.

I'm going to Leicester tomorrow so I can see them tomorrow. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adonis said:

yes did well to beat those championship riders and a kid in his 3rd season  struggling into the final , as you say encouraging start , lets hope he carries this forward to the GP's..

I assume you mean Dan Bewley, if so then I must correct you as Dan beat Jay in heat 12 fair and square

Doyle picked up a foot injury today. Hope it's not to bad 

6 hours ago, adonis said:

yes did well to beat those championship riders and a kid in his 3rd season  struggling into the final , as you say encouraging start , lets hope he carries this forward to the GP's..

Someone has sour grapes I think seeing as only Kus and Wells were full time championship riders who rode last night. The others were pretty much heat leaders. 

Edited by rebelwonderkid

16 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Crikey Oldtimer, just for a second I thought you were about to say something positive about Somerset speedway!! Alas, I was wrong!

Don't know why you think this was a negative comment, seems a reasonable question to ask, assumed it was a misprint and it was actually a bit cheaper if you purchased on line, in which case I would use this method, have to assume it's actually 50p more expensive.