British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

10 minutes ago, Harry The Goat said:

Good points. And I see they've removed the entire grassy bank by the 1st/2nd bends and made the ground level. Anyone know if there's a plan to build something here?

I believe with all of the outside functions that go on in the OT clubhouse, it's used for additional parking. I went to an event there last November and parking was a nightmare so I can see why the banking has now gone.

Congrats Doyley, first of many golds for Somerset! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BristolRebel said:

Congrats Doyley, first of many golds for Somerset! 

Here, here.  Was also somewhat encouraging for him to acknowledge that his recent performances have not been up to scratch and that he hoped he has turned the corner now.  Perhaps we'll see the Doyley of old at the OTA taking that racing line we know he rides so well.

6 minutes ago, Willowman said:

Here, here.  Was also somewhat encouraging for him to acknowledge that his recent performances have not been up to scratch and that he hoped he has turned the corner now.  Perhaps we'll see the Doyley of old at the OTA taking that racing line we know he rides so well.

Hope so but not till after the visit of Swindon  :D 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Hope so but not till after the visit of Swindon  :D 

What a perfect way it would be for him to showcase his true return. :t:

35 minutes ago, Willowman said:

I'd been beginning to wonder with the start of the Grand Prix on Saturday that he was perhaps 'saving' himself for that - but after recent struggles in Poland too, it's clear that wasn't the case and he has just generally been struggling by his own standards. Encouraging stuff from him last night and a massive congratulations.

I believe that's also Somerset's first trophy in the top tier of British Speedway?

not good news

the fans favourite has left the building

and the 2 new signings are beyond belief are you sure 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wright and Jeppesen out

Vissing and Covatti in

Terrible news. Just when we thought we had a settled team, especially when they were all starting to click on track at least at home, we're landed with this bombshell. It's no secret Wright wasn't supposed to be in the original team anyway after the presentation night fiasco at the end of last year and Chris Holder was, followed by the reports of him whinging about the track time after time, I suppose it should come as no surprise albeit not easy to accept.

Probably even sadder to see Jonas go as he looks like he has something about him, especially if he could learn to gate! Almost left speechless by us signing Covatti and Vissing. Both seem past their best and neither of them are up to Wright's standards. Both very injury prone too so I'm not sure this is the long term solution, so expect some more changes on the way....

Not great news, what averages do they come in on, seem like the team has been weakened 

Wow, surprised to read this. Was thinking Somerset have made a tidy start to the season under the radar, and with home meetings in hand look quite well placed early on. Don't see that these changes make the team stronger, and Wright seems to be a fans favourite wherever he goes due to his never say die racing style.

Strange changes here.

Hard to believe that either Covetti or Vissing will put in the effort that Wright does espiecially Vissing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Wow, surprised to read this. Was thinking Somerset have made a tidy start to the season under the radar, and with home meetings in hand look quite well placed early on. Don't see that these changes make the team stronger, and Wright seems to be a fans favourite wherever he goes due to his never say die racing style.

Strange changes here.

That'd pretty much the nail hit on the head. We are unbeaten at home and picked up the odd points here and there away and then won at Kings Lynn too.

Whilst it's good to see the promotion making a stand against riders like Wright, Grajczonek, Hougaard etc, the changes are disappointing at best. Covatti seems to have been poor for Ipswich.