British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That'd pretty much the nail hit on the head. We are unbeaten at home and picked up the odd points here and there away and then won at Kings Lynn too.

Whilst it's good to see the promotion making a stand against riders like Wright, Grajczonek, Hougaard etc, the changes are disappointing at best. Covatti seems to have been poor for Ipswich.

Making a stand against Wright etc ?

Why ?

None of those you mentioned have ever had a reputation as troublesome, difficult riders....

28 minutes ago, jeffster said:

Making a stand against Wright etc ?

Why ?

None of those you mentioned have ever had a reputation as troublesome, difficult riders....

It's been said before by others they were the ones who wanted stupid money to attend the presentation night last season.

Somerset wanted Chris Holder in the winter so it's also pretty obvious to work out that Charles Wright and Jepperson were always the Plan B, if not Plan C to that.

One can only assume after Charles Wright's antics that was commented on in the Somerset-Wolves thread last week that that was the final straw for him, regardless of his heroics on track!

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wright and Jeppesen out

Vissing and Covatti in

Interesting action by Gary May - sack your most popular & exciting rider! this is a move obviously to "attempt to"  improve results on track, BUT could have serious implications on attendance figures.

Promoters have to learn fans do not like unnecessary chopping of teams from season to season & certainly not during the season. Loyalty & commitment must be rediscovered in Speedway.

The only problem I've seen with the Rebels this year is that Jason Doyle is not performing as we all know can...   

• Like 5

Never thought we would get much out of this meeting i think now poole can win this poor signings on your part certainly not making you stronger thats for sure ?

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

It's been said before by others they were the ones who wanted stupid money to attend the presentation night last season.

Somerset wanted Chris Holder in the winter so it's also pretty obvious to work out that Charles Wright and Jepperson were always the Plan B, if not Plan C to that.

One can only assume after Charles Wright's antics that was commented on in the Somerset-Wolves thread last week that that was the final straw for him, regardless of his heroics on track!

If they sacked riders for moaning about the state of tracks a lot of the riders would get sacked every week, I rather suspect it was a little more than that, to be fair I have always found Garry May to be very easy to get on with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

If they sacked riders for moaning about the state of tracks a lot of the riders would get sacked every week, I rather suspect it was a little more than that, to be fair I have always found Garry May to be very easy to get on with.

I'd assume it wasn't what was said... It was probably more how it was said.

This is a shame , Wrighty always gives 100 % and is useful at our place. All I can think is that there must of been a pretty big difference of opinion for this to happen. Be interesting to see how this goes down with the OTA faithful. With Holder switching to 5 , I had high hopes for the Wright/Lawson partnership. Puts a lot of pressure on Lawson who himself needs to up his game at home. Vissing a strange choice for me, he did ok for us back in the day, hopefully he can recreate that form. As for Joonas, only seen him once, and he looked ok. I guessing Gary is hoping to see the Covatti of a few seasons back who enjoyed some good form at our place. Good luck to both departing riders , Joonas could do with a Championship berth to help bring him along, wouldn’t mind betting Charles will soon be snapped up as well.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

As i said on another thread. If Garys got shot there is a reason for it..

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said on another thread. If Garys got shot there is a reason for it..

Well i'm glad you have cleared that up for us all Starry  :D

• Like 1

neither of the new guys are for me

vissing has never pulled up trumps for me

and what sticks in my mind is that he was asked to take heat 15 in the premier league final against Scunny and bottled it, so we had to rely on a guest in the deciding heat

and it seems Mr Wright gets the sack for being passionate, well I know which rider id rather have in my 7

as for covatti  well it seems he spends more time in the treatment room than an A+E nurse

Feel sad that this has happened and the way it happened.  There are two sides to everything and I have read both on Facebook.  If Somerset wanted to keep Wright, they would have tried to resolve the issues but after 6 seasons at Somerset, perhaps this has been building for a while.

Always liked Charles and his brother and I hope he gets another team in the Premiership soon to help continue his progress - although he is part of a good Sheffield team in the Championship.

Just read Wright's version of events I think he's been poorly treated but delighted Somerset are now a poorer team imo

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

Just read Wright's version of events I think he's been poorly treated but delighted Somerset are now a poorer team imo

2 sides to every story.

22 minutes ago, lewy said:

2 sides to every story.

• Like 1