British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Gutted about this, Charles is terrific value around the OTA and Always gives 110%. I’m disappointed any differences couldn’t be resolved. The two changes significantly weaken us. I feel sorry for Jonas he was on the pace and I felt some decent scores were not far away, maybe we will use again in the future.

Thank you Charles for 6 great seasons, fantastic entertainment and unquestionable commitment on the track. 

If it’s true that Charles was sacked via text that is disgraceful behaviour to an employee who has given the club 6 years loyal service. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Always a RACER said:

If it’s true that Charles was sacked via text that is disgraceful behaviour to an employee who has given the club 6 years loyal service. 

As Pirate Nick says there's 2 sides to every story.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sugarray said:

As Pirate Nick says there's 2 sides to every story.

Although totally different circumstances I recall - with a slightly wry smile - when Poole dropped the 'loyal Kyle Newman' last year there was an outcry in favour of the rider, but when Somerset drop the 'loyal Charles Wright', some are totally supportive of the management!

Strange bedfellows some of speedway's folk!!!:P;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

One presumes that Newman wasn't the pain in the arse that Wright has been claimed to have been?

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One presumes that Newman wasn't the pain in the arse that Wright has been claimed to have been?

The word 'entourage' springs to mind!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Seems all was not well in the Somerset camp, which has lead to these changes.

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The word 'entourage' springs to mind!!!:rolleyes:

Don't like to come on another teams thread normally, sorry rebels fans.

But Clive it's wearing thin now, don't forget you were called into the office at Poole about your own "entourage's constant online comments, hence various online portals disappearing. History move on like everyone else. 

Edited by KN1
  • Like 4

This I suspect has been bubbling for the last month or so since the track was in such poor state and the riders showed their displeasure. Wrighty being Wrighty is a nice bloke but as a northern chap calls a spade a shovel and wouldn't have minced his words if he was being gagged by the promotion. The track didn't suit his style and he was being hampered from giving his best and I think that's why it's boiled over and  May has cut his nose off to spite his face IMO. Doyle kicked up a fuss but Miss H wouldn't upset him because he is WC. There by hangs another point in question, any WC is only as good as his last ride and he won the Crown last year ! He hasn't come to the party in the guise of WC, far from it !!! There is frustration all around in the Somerset camp !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KN1 said:

Don't like to come on another teams thread normally, sorry rebels fans.

But Clive it's wearing thin now, don't forget you were called into the office at Poole about your own "entourage's constant online comments, hence various online portals disappearing. History move on like everyone else. 

????

Whilst I know what you are referring to, I've never been 'called into the office'!  I wasn't even in the country when the forum closed if thats what you mean?!.

Incidentally I'm in the office every week, by choice.

All I'm saying is that when it comes down to a 'club v rider' dispute, fans have differing views.

Btw is Charles a Poole asset?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

not very professional by any employer to get rid of one person by text and another by a facebook message,when the majority of employers in this country will not accept an absence at work via text, tut tut somerset.

• Like 2

Have tried to get new LED floodlights installed but initial costs have frightened promotion.

The amount saved in running costs would repay quite quickly.

http://www.sportsbeams.com

• Like 1

I know Somerset aren't the first to do so but don't understand why anybody would think that sacking someone by text is acceptable. Reading Wright's version of events that he attempted to make amends it's a shame any problems couldn't have been sorted out then,.

Jeppesen seemed to have made a promising start, hopefully he can get himself a Championship place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

I know Somerset aren't the first to do so but don't understand why anybody would think that sacking someone by text is acceptable. Reading Wright's version of events that he attempted to make amends it's a shame any problems couldn't have been sorted out then,.

Jeppesen seemed to have made a promising start, hopefully he can get himself a Championship place.

Redcar are in need or a few riders!