British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

No real surprise to see the Somerset promotion upsetting the fans again

They portray themselves as friendly approachable people but that is the furthest thing from the truth.

I hope more people like myself and my travelling friends walk away again just like we did last year after there unbelievable behavior

• Like 1

Hmm tractor breaks down in the middle of a grade , not a ploy  by somerset i take it ? :nono: Wrong thrread but nevermind..

Edited by Starman2006

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Hmm tractor breaks down in the middle of a grade , not a ploy  by somerset i take it ? :nono: Wrong thrread but nevermind..

Poole are doing ok. Ford would want cones put around it and crack on :P

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole are doing ok. Ford would want cones put around it and crack on :P

:D

10 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Caught from us mate.

16 hours ago, Dave1964 said:

Have tried to get new LED floodlights installed but initial costs have frightened promotion.

The amount saved in running costs would repay quite quickly.

http://www.sportsbeams.com

Join the club have tried numerous times but mention the outlay there's panic.

16 hours ago, The Cheese said:

I know Somerset aren't the first to do so but don't understand why anybody would think that sacking someone by text is acceptable. Reading Wright's version of events that he attempted to make amends it's a shame any problems couldn't have been sorted out then,.

Jeppesen seemed to have made a promising start, hopefully he can get himself a Championship place.

Think Charles version is slightly different to the promoters version.

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

Think Charles version is slightly different to the promoters version.

Listening to Garry Mays interview it suggests an apology from Wright to May was all it would have took to restore calm.

• Like 3

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

Listening to Garry Mays interview it suggests an apology from Wright to May was all it would have took to restore calm.

correct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sounds like the damage is done. And does it help to mention "whether he means it or not" re an apology? Bit pointless, if it's not sincere it's worthless.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Sounds like the damage is done. And does it help to mention "whether he means it or not" re an apology? Bit pointless, if it's not sincere it's worthless.

I take that to mean that Wright and May are never going to see eye to eye but if he had been man enough to apologise despite that he would have kept his job.

• Like 1

The sad thing is, like I said the other day and commented on last night at the speedway, that nobody wins in all of this. It's comes across as playground stuff from both Charles Wright and Garry May. Everybody loses....

Charles Wright loses as he no longer has a job at Somerset.
Garry May loses as his reputation takes a massive dent with the handling of sacking a rider(s) via text message.
The Somerset team performance loses as we've sacked last weeks top scorer.
The Somerset fans (most important of all) loses as we lose our longest serving rider and most entertaining.
The only person who stood to gain from all of this was Claus Vissing but even he now loses as he is so far out of depth riding at no.3 he failed to score last night.

If we had had Charles Wright last night, or frankly anybody who would of scored 4 points or so we would of blown Poole out of the water, along with Jake's misfortunes. I hear a few people stayed away last night because of the events of this past week which I'm surprised at. I'm first and foremost a Somerset supporter and all I want is to be entertained on a Wednesday night with good racing and see my team win. Against a better side who weren't carried by their star reserve, we probably would of lost last night and got entertained alot less in the process without Charles.

Sad situation all round.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If we had had Charles Wright last night, or frankly anybody who would of scored 4 points or so we would of blown Poole out of the water, along with Jake's misfortunes. I hear a few people stayed away last night because of the events of this past week which I'm surprised at. I'm first and foremost a Somerset supporter and all I want is to be entertained on a Wednesday night with good racing and see my team win. Against a better side who weren't carried by their star reserve, we probably would of lost last night and got entertained alot less in the process without Charles.

Sad situation all round.

Excellent Post Najjer I Totally agree

Edited by idh

32 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The sad thing is, like I said the other day and commented on last night at the speedway, that nobody wins in all of this. It's comes across as playground stuff from both Charles Wright and Garry May. Everybody loses....

Charles Wright loses as he no longer has a job at Somerset.
Garry May loses as his reputation takes a massive dent with the handling of sacking a rider(s) via text message.
The Somerset team performance loses as we've sacked last weeks top scorer.
The Somerset fans (most important of all) loses as we lose our longest serving rider and most entertaining.
The only person who stood to gain from all of this was Claus Vissing but even he now loses as he is so far out of depth riding at no.3 he failed to score last night.

Sad situation all round.

Don’t think Garys reputation has taken a dent. Did the right thing when a rider acts like a brat. You can’t tell your boss to eff off when taken out of a heat

As for Allens dropped points, they were both self inflicted so it was frankly hilarious when he came out on the centre green to be interviewed.  First of all he got a puncture by hitting the kick boards. Who put the bikes wheel on the kick boards? He did ! Secondly his chain came off causing him to fall. Whose fault is that? His or his mechanics! Should have checked the tension on the chain.

No doubt that Somerset were worthy winners though.

• Like 1