British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

46 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Interesting comments from Chris Harris on Facebook this morning. Asked if he was coming to Somerset he said “I was, but It was stopped by the BSPA”.

He also said there was no room at Wolves also.

Can anyone explain this please. If you are laid off how can anyone prevent you from then getting gainful employment elsewhere. Is this potentially illegal. Obviously average has to fit but I should imagine this has already been sorted. What a way to treat a former GB champ and last winner of our home GP. Certainly smacks of trickyness going on, makes me suck tbh.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

Seems like Chris has spoken to every club. He should have a choice who he signs for.  It will be interesting to see who signs him as the ‘favoured club’.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:37 PM, Skidder1 said:

I've never suggested that there wasn't competiton for his signature - just pleased that a young rider shows a bit of loyalty to the club who first invited him over after Bjarne Pedersen first recommended him to Matt Ford!!:D

Despite all that baloney I'm sure he went where the money was best.

• Like 1

If Bomber was being considered as a replacement for Vissing then his average is a tad too high and would take the Rebels over the team points limit. The alternative would be to replace Lawson with Harris OR make more than one change and redeclare under 42.50

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If Bomber was being considered as a replacement for Vissing then his average is a tad too high and would take the Rebels over the team points limit. The alternative would be to replace Lawson with Harris OR make more than one change and redeclare under 42.50

Because Rye's fixtures are expunged maybe the rider's averages are too, Harris average may be a conversion of his Championship average. If they don't have a Championship ave then the rider's are reassessed. 

Think that's what they did with Birmingham rider's a few seasons ago. 

Somerset are a point under the 42.50 and under a Championship conversion would fit for Vissing.

Edited by Daniel Smith

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Can anyone explain this please. If you are laid off how can anyone prevent you from then getting gainful employment elsewhere. Is this potentially illegal. Obviously average has to fit but I should imagine this has already been sorted. What a way to treat a former GB champ and last winner of our home GP. Certainly smacks of trickyness going on, makes me suck tbh.

can't see any posts after May

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What we do know is that it would have happened if it was allowed so there must have been a plan of action.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Because Rye's fixtures are expunged maybe the rider's averages are too, Harris average may be a conversion of his Championship average. If they don't have a Championship ave then the rider's are reassessed. 

Think that's what they did with Birmingham rider's a few seasons ago. 

Somerset are a point under the 42.50 and under a Championship conversion would fit for Vissing.

It won't just be Rye riders averages which change -- they'll revert back to beginning of season -- but the average of every rider (apart from guests) who raced against Rye in the annulled matches, as these point will also disappear, meaning an admittedly-minor change in their current averages as well.

• Like 1

Oh dear does this mean we will have to wait for an announcement from the powers that be .

Somerset have probably done the maths but I'd imagine the BSPA are still playing catch up and trying to work out what averages everyone is on. To me it seems madness to now remove Rye's matches from averages as they have been used up until now which has dictated rider positions, R/Rams and team changes. To remove them seems daft.

With regards Harris, well rumoured Somerset were chasing him early doors last season as soon as the decision to go up a division was made and he was about to sign... until Rye came in and offered silly money for him.

Yeah silly money indeed

Whats the old saying? If something seems too good to be true it usually is.....

14 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Somerset have probably done the maths but I'd imagine the BSPA are still playing catch up and trying to work out what averages everyone is on. To me it seems madness to now remove Rye's matches from averages as they have been used up until now which has dictated rider positions, R/Rams and team changes. To remove them seems daft.

With regards Harris, well rumoured Somerset were chasing him early doors last season as soon as the decision to go up a division was made and he was about to sign... until Rye came in and offered silly money for him.

You'd never have survived in the league if you'd have matched Ryes offer.

• Like 1

Seems everybody knows what Rye offered Harris. Care to share the information?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brian said:

Seems everybody knows what Rye offered Harris. Care to share the information?

I don't know the exact figure, but I've been told he was offered a down payment that was double what he was offered from other teams.

• Like 1