Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Hahaha now you do sound childish. Anyway I'm going to leave it there as I cant be bothered to argue with a 6yr old kid on a internet forum.

hooray

People questioning about Morris but he had a really good season for Swindon last season and achieved a high average. I think a lot of Rebel fans would love him back, finished 3rd in the averages last season behind Doyle and Lindgren.

• Like 1

I would say unlikely as Somerset have signed a rider who sits around the mid 7's already meaning unlikely all would fit.

From what I believe they haven't signed anyone yet.

Probably talking to some riders

People questioning about Morris but he had a really good season for Swindon last season and achieved a high average. I think a lot of Rebel fans would love him back, finished 3rd in the averages last season behind Doyle and Lindgren.

If he was on loan for a season,it wouldn't help his chances of a Swindon team place in 2019 if he didn't drop nearly a point of his average.He might do that anyway if the was a number one..Who knows.

If your not going to use a rider why should you demand a loan fee ?

Because thats how it works. He goes out on loan so you get a fee. Its called business.

Edited by Starman2006

Eh? Is this the same Nick Morris who finished last season with a higher average than Thorssell, Cook, Bjerre, Andersen, Harris, Fricke, Kurtz, Batchelor or Holder that you're talking about? Only riders higher were Lindgren and Doyle. What part of a No 1 don't you understand?

On a different note, what a marvellous accolade for the Somerset promotion to have the club handed the first-ever "Community Club" award by the SWRA trustees. Fully deserved, and ahead of the expectations of clubs such as Glasgow and the Isle of Wight.

He's not an out and out No 1 in my opinion - he rode without the pressure of a No 1 on his back with Doyle in the same team at Swindon LY. He's had one good season and been inconsistent (in No 1 terms) last season apart. Just my opinion - your entitled to yours. Id rather have Josh G than Morris plus Morris has openly stated hes struggled around the OTA in the past despite riding a full season there in 2014. Edited by Rebel Dan
  • Like 1

Not for me. One of those riders who does stupid or seems to go missing when you need him most.

Great entertainment value usually though.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 4

Not for me. One of those riders who does stupid or seems to go missing when you need him most.

Like in heat 13 of the play-off final, you mean?

• Like 3

If you did go down the Morris route you could go;

Morris

Allen

Lawson

Josh G

Charles Wright

Mark Riss

2.35 left

Allen or Riss at reserve all year would be a strong tail especially at home

Morris

Allen

Lawson

Josh G

Charles Wright

Mark Riss

2.35 left

Would probably be BWD unless Swindon offer a large amount for his services. Plus I honestly can't see Grajczonek back next season nor maybe Allen, depends on who upset the promotion at the end of season disco. Lawson and Wright were riding and injured respectively.

Would probably be BWD unless Swindon offer a large amount for his services. Plus I honestly can't see Grajczonek back next season nor maybe Allen, depends on who upset the promotion at the end of season disco. Lawson and Wright were riding and injured respectively.

I read on the main Polish Spdwy site that Josh intends taking some POL Speedway exams and expects to be spending more time there now he is signed up for 2017 to POL Nice 1 (I think).

Would not surprise me that being one of those 7 plus point men who will no doubt be in demand for 2018 then he may try and sign for a team further north to his home town Sheffield I think.

I reckon he will still double up as he has done for years but may try and not have that horrendous round trip for every home match.

I may be wrong as he's been a great servant to Somerset in both Prem and Champ, but I would not blame him for trying to reduce commuting.

It should be compulsory for the teams that voted for other sides to release 8 point riders to offer those riders a team place in 2018.

• Like 3

It should be compulsory for the teams that voted for other sides to release 8 point riders to offer those riders a team place in 2018.

Wow, you are really pee'd off with this rule aren't you? I wonder if you were as bothered when Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock and Poole with Chris and Darcy. Yes it sucks but just gave to get on with it, if JD thinks moaning about the situation will change it then he is in for a shock!
  • Like 1

Morris

Allen

Lawson

Josh G

Charles Wright

Mark Riss

2.35 left

Not strong enough IMO, they need a big hitter riding at number one.

• Like 1