British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It was mentioned on here weeks ago about Doyle signing and people said we couldn't afford him - I said at the time that wasn't the case and so it's proved. Welcome back to Jason Doyle to his spiritual home. Plenty to be optimistic about with this team, plenty of improvement in Lawson, Holder, Wilson Dean and Allen. Who knows about the Dane as I know nothing about him at all.

Poole can keep Chris Holder. I'm led to believe he was on his way until Ford put a stop to that. We'll settle for Doyle though *insert smug face*

Doubt Lawson, Wright or Allen will improve much, good reserves although never heard of the new rider but won't have to beat much judging by the other number 7's that have been signed up to now, overall a solid team along with Doyley who will no doubt be the best rider in the league once again. 

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So where are all the posters who were telling one and all that both Holders would be at the Oaktree?????;)

Trolling somewhere else no doubt.

Superb news that the  world champ is racing in the UK. 

Well done to the Rebels for pulling off this signing. 

• Like 3

Good to see the world champ in British speedway in 2018.Nice little Christmas pressie for the Somerset fans.

• Like 3

Still gutted hes not at Swindon but happy to see Doyley remain in Britain. Will make the Swindon Somerset clashes interesting next season.

There are a few recordings of the new Danish rider on you tube.  He also has a Facebook page with a whole 8 followers.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Doubt Lawson, Wright or Allen will improve much, good reserves although never heard of the new rider but won't have to beat much judging by the other number 7's that have been signed up to now, overall a solid team along with Doyley who will no doubt be the best rider in the league once again. 

You are right about Wright although at home he is capable of being a heat leader as is Holder. Allen is definitely capable of improving that average. Lawson can improve to a 7.00 rider. BWD is capable of edging towards a high 5 point average he would have this season if not for all of his engine mishaps. Jeppesen as you said is up against riders that are either his level or he is above who knows. 

Early to say with so many teams still to announce their line ups but on paper that team could win the league in my opinion

Great signing pulling Doyle off as number 1, well done to all at the OTA

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Jeppesen - Who? Will have to wait and see but has already won things in Denmark in 2016 he won a youth championship. If he can get the points in heats 2 and 8 i'll be happy. Looking at the no. 7's in Clegg, Davey, Greaves and Serjeant plus possibly Smith/ Bickley and Shanes he should be capable of doing that. 

As recommended by yours trulynearly 2 years ago:

I saw him at Holsted in 2015 and was VERY impressed.although he hasn't quite lived up to expectations since, he only turns 20 next week.

He did win Danish Under 21 and Fritte Cup in 2016. Most notable 2017 achievement was in the World under 21 championship where he missed a final place only after losing out in a run-off.

57 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Other than MattFordFan and PooleBolton who always post absolute rubbish - I'm not sure who else has said that.

I remember saying at the start of team building I didn't want either of the two Holders, but there is a lot of potential improvement in Jack so happy with that.

TBF I said same aswell. And holder would have been there if it wasn' for Poole demanding 25k for him 

• Like 3

Shouldn’t think you’ll have any trouble going unbeaten at home next year! Great to see Doyle riding in this country next year!

13 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Shouldn’t think you’ll have any trouble going unbeaten at home next year! Great to see Doyle riding in this country next year!

Until the mighty Moonrakers hit town.

Great signing Jase.

• Like 1

Easily the best team assembled so far. 

Doyle will lead the line. There's improvement in Holder, Allen, BWD and Jeppesen. Lawson and Wright will carry on as they were this season.

Saw Jeppesen in Poland this season, was mixing it with the likes of Hampel, Zengota and Protasiewicz, it was only an individual meeting but you could tell he's got something about him. Should be putting a point or so on his starting average. 

Congratulations to Somerset fans on the signing of Jason Doyle.

Enjoy welcoming the homecoming World Champion in March. This is something that I, as a Swindon fan, have been waiting for over 40 years for and I'm mighty jealous.

I've looked on enviously as Oxford and Reading have welcomed the World Champ and hoped that one day - just one day - we could do this at Swindon. 

Not to be, yet again. The one thing I've yearned for since seeing Michanek at Reading in 1975, and it's gone. Gone, I tell ya.

Best full team announced so far. Doyle and a couple of improvers in Allen and BWD. Strength at reserve as well to whip Swindon and Wolves at 6 and 7. Might be capable of making the playoffs. Interesting to see how the new Dane goes.

They will be solid at home but perhaps lightweight on their travels.