British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Happy retirement pal!!!

Much as everybody has said, a great servant to the club through every promotion and will be sorely missed I'm sure by the current promotion too.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

All the best Ian, surely too young to retire, enjoyed our chats, a good guy STATMAN.

• Like 1

How do Rebels fans think Jake Allen will do this year? He seemed to do very well at Scunthorpe especially at the end of the year! Will he find it tougher out of the reserve berth this year?  

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How do Rebels fans think Jake Allen will do this year? He seemed to do very well at Scunthorpe especially at the end of the year! Will he find it tougher out of the reserve berth this year?  

A future Aussie Star

• Like 1

Just watched the Jason Doyle interview on Speedwaygb web site.  Somerset Speedway you have one hell of a fella representing you in 2018.  To my mind the BEST ambassador to the sport in the UK for loads and loads of years. His loyalty to British speedway and for what he says about the technicalities and differing tracks being short/long and tight proves that to be a complete rider you need to be involved in the sport on these shores. As a deserving world champion he could have walked away (just like the pseudo “British” Tai did) but no he stayed loyal.  Injury free will be a worlds best for years to come and could become a true legend to the sport of speedway in the modern era.  

With Doylie,  young Jack and big Jake in the side, I'm certainly a Rebel at heart this season.      Hope to be able to make several visits while in Europe later in the year.   Go for it, Rebels!

• Like 2

as much as I like J Doyle I do think he is injury prone, if Jase can get a full season without any injuries, then he is hot favourite for W T No 2, i hope so because as Markyb has said "he is very loyal to these shores"

• Like 5

Jason Doyle showed great courage and determination in winning his world title with the injuries he was carrying. He has also shown a great loyalty to British speedway unlike a certain Mr Woffinden who as a British world champion could have rode here and helped promote the sport, but decided not to do that. Somerset have a great leader this season and not many will get near Jason around the Oaktree thats for sure. I hope he retains his title and the Rebels do well. (2nd to Aces will be fine) 

Just now, bellevueace said:

Jason Doyle showed great courage and determination in winning his world title with the injuries he was carrying. He has also shown a great loyalty to British speedway unlike a certain Mr Woffinden who as a British world champion could have rode here and helped promote the sport, but decided not to do that. Somerset have a great leader this season and not many will get near Jason around the Oaktree thats for sure. I hope he retains his title and the Rebels do well. (2nd to Aces will be fine) 

Woffy was open to a return this season until an unfair assessed new average prevented that happening.  Yet again done over by the governing body.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Woffy was open to a return this season until an unfair assessed new average prevented that happening.  Yet again done over by the governing body.

Rubbish. If he had wanted to return there’s no way cvs would have chosen Thorsel over Woffinden. Woffinden is not interested in supporting either the league that taught him to ride, or his country. Only interest he has is money all the way. No loyalty whatsoever to anything to do with the UK.

I really hope the BSPA only conider British riders who are riding in the Premier league when making their choices for the world pairs this season.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Simple fact is he could have chosen to ride/promote the sport in the UK as world champion, he had no interest in doing that, his protestations about the GB setup overall have a very hollow ring about them.

Weird how Woffy has turned his back on a full UK season all these years only to say he would have come back this year but for the rules. 

Laughable. 

24 minutes ago, ouch said:

Weird how Woffy has turned his back on a full UK season all these years only to say he would have come back this year but for the rules. 

Laughable. 

We don't fit in with his lifestyle, he earns enough in Poland not to need to race here. He might as well be Polish or Swedish......