British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Excellent video of press and practice evening, Doyle's remarks about Debs backside made me laugh, good to see Ian (Statman) getting recognition. Team looks good and hope Gary buys the Kevlar's.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Excellent video of press and practice evening, Doyle's remarks about Debs backside made me laugh, good to see Ian (Statman) getting recognition. Team looks good and hope Gary buys the Kevlar's.

Just watched the press day video, very professionally put together by Speedway portal. Very good. And as ive just told Gary, no, you wont be winning at Poole ..;)  :D

4 hours ago, Harry The Goat said:

Agree, very good video. Well worth watching.

Cracking video.  Would love to live closer to Somerset to get down there more often.

Edit: apologies, who is the compere guy ?  Very professional.

Edited by The Doctor...

5 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Edit: apologies, who is the compere guy ?  Very professional.

Its   Pete Chamberlain hes very good.

• Like 1

Bad crash for Doyle in heat one. High sided and hooked up cartwheeling with his bike. Looked like he knocked himself out and landed on his shoulder. Taken by ambulance to hospital.

All the very best to Doyley.

Untidy crash, I`d be amazed if he hasnt broken a collarbone.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bad crash for Doyle in heat one. High sided and hooked up cartwheeling with his bike. Looked like he knocked himself out and landed on his shoulder. Taken by ambulance to hospital.

All the very best to Doyley.

Just seen it, very nasty.

Excellent news. Very lucky indeed.

• Like 2

Has nobody got anything to say about the fiasco that was Leicester Lions V Somerset Rebels last night ???!!!

As a lions supporter I thought you had bad luck to start, first 2 races your guys ran into each other. After that though it showed that if JD not fireing then its going to be tough. When he rode for Lions at a post match interview after yet another loss he was asked "What happened in heat 1"? His reply.. "Strewth....do you expect me to win every race"?......well actually Jason, we did! Lawson not a heat leader! Dont worry guys I am sure you will get your reveng on Wednesday.

If Doyle has an off night it's always going to be tough for this side away from home unless all 6 have a very good meeting. Doyle scoring 8+1 from 5 rides won't happen too often and add in Lawson not beating an opponent you just need to put it down to being one of those nights and move on to tomorrow's meeting.

I think it's pretty fair last nights result is hardly a surprise. Leicester were one of the more fancied teams in the league and they were only strengthened by having Lambert and R/R replacing the two injured riders. Somerset's team is very much built to score big and win at home. That's where we failed last year especially at the start of the season. If we score well at home and then pick up the odd point away we won't of done too badly. No need to go into meltdown because we took abit of a hammering last night.

• Like 1