Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, lewy said:

Revolving doors at the ota if may had put together a decent side to start with he wouldn't be making so many panic changes imo

Revolving doors at virtually every other Premiership club, so why shouldn't Somerset join in. Bit of a surprise in signing Summers though, that a long drive from his current base just outside Berwick for every home meeting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, screm said:

Revolving doors at virtually every other Premiership club, so why shouldn't Somerset join in. Bit of a surprise in signing Summers though, that a long drive from his current base just outside Berwick for every home meeting.

40 miles longer than Rye House heavy on the ish though.

So not to bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, screm said:

Revolving doors at virtually every other Premiership club, so why shouldn't Somerset join in. Bit of a surprise in signing Summers though, that a long drive from his current base just outside Berwick for every home meeting.

More to the point, we have 5 of the 7 riders we started with so certainly no revolving door here. Vissing was only ever going to be a stop gap. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all fairness Harris confirmed the other day he was supposed to be joining Somerset. Meaning that Summers is the back up. We still look stronger than with Vissing though and not far off from when we had Wright. Summers is a decent scorer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SomersetBlue said:

In all fairness Harris confirmed the other day he was supposed to be joining Somerset. Meaning that Summers is the back up. We still look stronger than with Vissing though and not far off from when we had Wright. Summers is a decent scorer. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there was one more change.

Again someone with an attitude problem as well as not riding well, methinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would Rasmus Jensen fit? He always scored well when he rode for us, I was gutted when we didn’t resign him.

He’s scoring pretty well in the Championship at the moment. Potentially Bomber & Jensen for Lawson & Summers.

Looking forwadd to seeing Summers at the OTA.

Edited by BristolRebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAY WE ARE, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Only half way through the season but a great achievement, especially to go and win at Wolves!

Not bad for a team that 'isn't decent' either! Get on you Rebels!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I like this latest development by the BSPA to create tension and movement in the table. Maybe the next team to fold will see the Aces go top. 

Just going to study the table and see who needs to go to help our title push. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 2:15 AM, BristolRebel said:

Would Rasmus Jensen fit? He always scored well when he rode for us, I was gutted when we didn’t resign him.

He’s scoring pretty well in the Championship at the moment. Potentially Bomber & Jensen for Lawson & Summers.

Looking forwadd to seeing Summers at the OTA.

Jensen would come in on a 4.55 ave, which seems fair for him!

Edited by szkocjasid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 11:52 AM, lewy said:

You have answered your own question most of the budget on one rider who is not fully committed imo. To let charles Wright go was crazy

 

Chris Harris Joins Poole!  (From the Poole section).

Is that the same Chris Harris that wasn't allowed to sign for the Somerset Rebels?

As they say:  it's not what you know - but who you know!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a look at the green sheets for before Vissing was replaced.

Is the reason that Chris could not sign for the Rebels is because it would take their average to 42.54. Just over the 42.5 by .04?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Chris Harris Joins Poole!  (From the Poole section).

Is that the same Chris Harris that wasn't allowed to sign for the Somerset Rebels?

As they say:  it's not what you know - but who you know!  

..or just a case of being able to do simple arithmetic!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

I just had a look at the green sheets for before Vissing was replaced.

Is the reason that Chris could not sign for the Rebels is because it would take their average to 42.54. Just over the 42.5 by .04?

 

 

It's over. 0.4 is no different to .40 or even 4.00 it's over the limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How were they able to sign Nico (4.85) in place of Jonas (4.00)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy