British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

15 hours ago, kopite92 said:

Kenneth Bjerre as a temporary replacement?

5 home matches in August and 2 visits to Poole. Not a bad shout as I'm never a big fan of guests at no.1.

I wonder if Tai fancies earning a few more quid now he doesn't have a Swedish team?? :)

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

5 home matches in August and 2 visits to Poole. Not a bad shout as I'm never a big fan of guests at no.1.

I wonder if Tai fancies earning a few more quid now he doesn't have a Swedish team?? :)

Tai rode in both meetings in Sweden last week I think?

Doesn’t appear to be many good guests available to cover for Doyley. Hoping Jack can step up in his absense. While I was browsing the GSAs couldn’t help but notice there are a few riders down in Dorset on tasty averages for next year :drink:

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Tai rode in both meetings in Sweden last week I think?

He has since left by mutual consent I believe. 

What a signing for the Rebels that would be and arguably even better than bringing in the World Champion. What a statement of intent that would be until Doyley is back fit. 5 meetings at the Oak Tree could suit Tai down to the ground!

• Haha 1

Jason Doyle making his return to the track in Poland today, so he should make his return for Somerset this Wednesday.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, screm said:

Jason Doyle making his return to the track in Poland today, so he should make his return for Somerset this Wednesday.

Was at Gdansk and Doyle rode very very well

Now that Allen is out for the season I guess Gary May will be using horses for courses for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Now that Allen is out for the season I guess Gary May will be using horses for courses for the rest of the season.

Well he could use Aarnio for the rest of the season, equally as good as Allen. 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he could use Aarnio for the rest of the season, equally as good as Allen. 

I don't claim to be in the know regarding speedway rules, but perhaps you could explain why S/Set can use guess's, but we can't for Dan. ?????????

Guests can be used for reserves as r/r doesn’t work. 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

don’t know where you got that from ,allen out for season?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Guests can be used for reserves as r/r doesn’t work. 

So can I assume that only reserves can take the Guest's ride should the guest get stuck in traffic or any other situation causing the guest to miss the meeting, and not a rider on a similar average who is in the main body of the team.

If a reserve is missing from a meeting the team go with 6 riders and three heats are run with only one rider. 

R/r is never for reserves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

I don't claim to be in the know regarding speedway rules, but perhaps you could explain why S/Set can use guess's, but we can't for Dan. ?????????

Because Allen is a reserve