British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Ko Cup 1/4 Final 1st Leg Fri Oct 6th 2017@7-30pm

Sure Michael said it was James Sarjeant riding #6 on Monday and think diamonds might have Kelsey Dugard

Edited by mac101

looks like 14/4 to the Diamonds, and a dropped point for Lambert.

Appears to have been 13/5 ? (Ht 13 3-3, Ht 14 5-1, Ht 15 5-1)

You were pretty close though, sorry mate!!

Ben Hopwood missing for the Diamonds on Monday night.

Why?? There is only an individual meeting on in Kent isn't there ... Unless it's been changed

Why?? There is only an individual meeting on in Kent isn't there ... Unless it's been changed

Think he's missing tonight at Workington, due to the NL Play-off as well.

Takes the biscuit a whole lot further, doesn't it?

Edited by Steve Park

Think he's missing tonight at Workington, due to the NL Play-off.

I knew that but didn't realise he was missing Monday aswell

I knew that but didn't realise he was missing Monday aswell

I'll PM you Keith.

Still listed on BSPA website as the Laurels at Central Park on Monday.

If this is correct, you would assume the KO Cup match would take precedence for Hopwood's services, unless there is a "new" rule that any NL fixture, individual or team match, will take priority over any Championship fixture when the NL fixture has been entered in the racing calendar earlier.

No doubt Mr Vatcher should be able to clarify the matter :rolleyes:

Appears to have been 13/5 ? (Ht 13 3-3, Ht 14 5-1, Ht 15 5-1)

You were pretty close though, sorry mate!!

the updates had it at 42-30 after ht12, so maybe the error was made from there,

but thanks for correcting it and am sure it keeps folk happy.

Was one team trying to lose it, or was one team trying to win it. Last time I looked it was 42-30.

thanks Dave.

I actually enjoyed the racing last night . Wasn't going to bother because of the guest situation and going on holiday next weekend , but i'm glad I made the effort now .

The Worrall clashes were worth the money alone .

Shame about the two 1-5's at the end , but never mind it was an entertaining evening at the speedway .

• Like 3

Was one team trying to lose it, or was one team trying to win it. Last time I looked it was 42-30.

Couldn't get last night due to work but my mate text me the result, but if we were 42-30 up it sounds like an all too frequent meeting collapse.

Couldn't get last night due to work but my mate text me the result, but if we were 42-30 up it sounds like an all too frequent meeting collapse.

We weren't . It was 41-31 after heat 12 , then Ricky Wells had a brilliant win over Lambert in heat13 with Summers again found wanting in the big races , trailing in at the back and it was 44-34 . Heat 14 was where we were going to use Tero Aarnio as r/r , but he hadn't recovered from his spectacular crash in his previous outing and we were forced to go with Connor Coles as Richard Hall was already in the race . Coles had previously been passed and beaten by Ryan McDonald in heat 4 , so the chances of a heat advantage were slim to none . In the race the Diamonds pair gated and although Hall was all over Hopwood's back wheel for four laps , he couldn't get passed . That made it 45-39 .

In heat 15 Lambert and Steve Worrall flew from the tapes and Richie and Ricky Wells couldn't get near enough to them to land a challenge . So after looking promising earlier in the meeting , the closing heats swung the advantage very much in the Diamond's favour .

We weren't . It was 41-31 after heat 12 , then Ricky Wells had a brilliant win over Lambert in heat13 with Summers again found wanting in the big races , trailing in at the back and it was 44-34 . Heat 14 was where we were going to use Tero Aarnio as r/r , but he hadn't recovered from his spectacular crash in his previous outing and we were forced to go with Connor Coles as Richard Hall was already in the race . Coles had previously been passed and beaten by Ryan McDonald in heat 4 , so the chances of a heat advantage were slim to none . In the race the Diamonds pair gated and although Hall was all over Hopwood's back wheel for four laps , he couldn't get passed . That made it 45-39 .

In heat 15 Lambert and Steve Worrall flew from the tapes and Richie and Ricky Wells couldn't get near enough to them to land a challenge . So after looking promising earlier in the meeting , the closing heats swung the advantage very much in the Diamond's favour .

It was stated on the updates it was 42-30 after heat 12, but the score for heat 12 was down as a 3-3 when in fact it was a 4-2.

It was stated on the updates it was 42-30 after heat 12, but the score for heat 12 was down as a 3-3 when in fact it was a 4-2.

Yes Richie Worrall won a close race with Stuart Robson with Richard Hall finishing ahead of Ben Hopwood for third . So that 4-2 made it 41-31 after heat 12

• Like 1