British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Newcastle 07/10/17 19:00hrs Champ

The Comets are up against the Newcastle Diamonds this Saturday night to complete Workingtons home fixtures.

Thomas Jorgensen will be out so it will be r/r for him and probabaly Tom Wooley at no7.

Weather forecast at this early stage does not look promising.

Anyone from wton going to sheffield on sun ?

Yes , Geoff , a few of us going down in the car

Weather forecast looks very good for one final trip through the North Yorkshire Dales and across the Lake District.

I think everyone is aware that the future of the Comets is in the balance so if ever there is a time to show that they are wanted and needed this is it.

hope you enjoy your last trip over for this season anyhow .

weather , grey . but dry and quite warm . (freezn last week ).

true supporters always turn up , we may moan a bit , but thats why we pay and turn up . to support ,enjoy and give our side of the meeting .

anyone thinking by giving rider grief over performances on track , should search out freddie flintof and robbie savage having a discussion about footballers on bbc radio .

sorry i cant do the link thingy .

but it basically says . if fans pay their hard earned cash to attend/support their local sport , they should be entitled to give advice!/encoragement to that player/sports person .

its a good wee clip . search it out .

hope you get to see a meeting H.T.

Edited by jenga

a few miles from track and its a little drizzle

anyone closer give a more acurate weather update

as comet dan has obviously been bloocked from posting from he who thinks hes god

no updates atall unless its from the fans

not the best info from our leaders at the moment in time . it does not look good for the future at all . workington speedway in that cant be ar$$ed mode .

pretty poor actually , R.I.P. workington speedway

Delayed start was bad enough but who thought it'd be a good idea to then have a parade? Bars closed on the popular side, cafes ran out of beer and there are no chips at either the cafe or the burger van.

• Like 1

Delayed start was bad enough but who thought it'd be a good idea to then have a parade? Bars closed on the popular side, cafes ran out of beer and there are no chips at either the cafe or the burger van.

The last time Newcastle were there, there was (or should that be were??) no chips at either the cafe (who couldn't fry anything as there was no electric) or the burger van who said "we don't do chips."

Edited by Steve Park

The last time Newcastle were there, there was (or should that be were??) no chips at either the cafe (who couldn't fry anything as there was no electric) or the burger van who said "we don't do chips."

maybe they should get a 'chip van', that does burgers.

maybe they should get a 'chip van', that does burgers.

Like they used to have on the first and second bends, you mean!!

Like they used to have on the first and second bends, you mean!!

dunno, only been once.

We managed to get a Bacon sarnie from the inside cafe at the start of the back straight.

I didn't understand that one but apparently there are those who complain if there is no parade. Damned if you, damned if you don't. The ironic thing about the delayed start is if Cookie hadn't crashed the meeting would have been completed in 90 minutes, easily the quickest I have seen at Derwent Park.

I'd maintain that Workington have everything right to be a successful track. It was another cracking meeting last night and the team selection at the start of the season was a good one. You can't help but think, however, that it really needs someone to come in, get hold of meetings by the scruff of the neck and make sure that they run to time and without the annoying little issues that seem to come up far more often than they should.

I really hope, though, that the Comets come to the tapes in 2018 because I have thoroughly enjoyed coming up this season.

Don't doubt your word for a single second, but a burger van that doesn't do chips is nothing less than bizarre.

• Like 1

not the best info from our leaders at the moment in time . it does not look good for the future at all . workington speedway in that cant be ar$$ed mode .

pretty poor actually , R.I.P. workington speedway

Will you please do us all a favour and get a one ticket to a warmer climate ..you never have anything positive to say ,if it's that bad it's simple really ...stay away , and while you're at it throw all you computers/laptops out , make this forum a much more pleasant read without you on it , you are such a ....head !!!

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1