British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Woffinden Or Harris

Harris scored 13 (+3?) over the two matches. Not sure Woffinden would have done better. And if he is a true "asset" for Wolves, why wasn't he in the pits helping out?

• Like 5

Harris scored 13 (+3?) over the two matches. Not sure Woffinden would have done better. And if he is a true "asset" for Wolves, why wasn't he in the pits helping out?

Quite... doesn't care that much!
  • Like 1

It really has to , because even the die hards are getting sick to death of turning up to watch their team with three or four guests in the septet .

It's happening because the team/club structure of speedway's golden era has long been discarded. Basically what takes place these days are not speedway team matches in the true sense of team sport but just speedway team meetings.

It's happening because the team/club structure of speedway's golden era has long been discarded. Basically what takes place these days are not speedway team matches in the true sense of team sport but just speedway team meetings.

I've been to speedway many times but I've never attended a speedway match, always been a meeting.

Its unfortunate that Wolves chose the wrong guest BUT no way should Woffenden have been allowed to ride. In hindsight Nicholls would have been a better bet maybe. We`ll never know.

• Like 1

IF you actually read what I have written you will know that I was simply putting it out for a discussion while watching the final on TV last night.

Which is EXACTLY what the Shoveller does on here on a regular basis

You demean yourself, Mr Rising, stooping so low

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

What I think is even worse than the should he/shouldn't he debate is the timing of the press release!!

Simply Woffy and his PR team (Pearson) trying to steal the publicity away from the actual meeting!!

Some would say very clever PR - others would say its diabolical excuse just to give NP the opportunity to get Woffy mentioned on TV - again!!!

• Like 3

SHOULD Wolverhampton been allowed to bring in Tai Woffinden to replace the injured Freddie Lindgren in the race-offs against Swindon?

There is an argument that Woffinden, a Wolverhampton asset, would have been a more credible replacement than a guest. That old speedway cliche "special dispensation" springs to mind.

The front cover of Speedway Star this week features a photo of Sheffield's title winning team but, of course, there is an unfamiliar Tigers' face in the shape of guest Scott Nicholls.

Chris Harris has probably ridden in more play-off finals than any rider, frequently not for his own team. Just one more reason why so many fail to take British speedway seriously.

Opens a can of worms I'd say, ie Belle Vue bringing in M Zagar to replace M Fricke. I know Matty is'nt our asset, but you get my drift.

Its unfortunate that Wolves chose the wrong guest BUT no way should Woffenden have been allowed to ride. In hindsight Nicholls would have been a better bet maybe. We`ll never know.

I don't think we choose the wrong guest tho.

Harris has always been great value at the Green and rarely struggles so I fail to see why anyone would say he was the wrong guest.

Nicholls has been average for a while now at Monmore.

He scored 7 on both occasions for Rye this year compared to 7 and 9 for Bomber.

Which is EXACTLY what the Shoveller does on here on a regular basis

You demean yourself, Mr Rising, stooping so low

PARDON me but isn't that what a forum is all about?

• Like 1

They're not answering your question Philip, simply venting their anti-Woffinden spleen.

They're also not answering giving the circumstances either. A rider should not be allowed to be drafted in just for a final except in extenuating circumstances.. example.. a teams top two riders being out with 100% bona fide genuine injuries, not just covered by a 'doctors note'. No team is going to fiddle having their top two missing to bring in one rider and RR.

In terms of 'credibility' there would have been zero explaining to do to any outsider looking in and would have made utter sense.

Completely agree :approve:

If it suits Wolves, suits their fans and suits Woffinden I see no reason why they should not have done so had the regulations been different.

You could probably make a better case to an outsider that you were drafting in a Wolves rider to replace a Wolves rider than replacing a Wolves rider with a Rye House one.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Don't know about the rights or wrongs about last night but i am SURE that if Woofy had ridden there would have been ''more bums on seats" as they say. Like him or not.

Don't know about the rights or wrongs about last night but i am SURE that if Woofy had ridden there would have been ''more bums on seats" as they say. Like him or not.

I thought it was a full house?

• Like 1

There aren't many seats at Monmore Green

PARDON me but isn't that what a forum is all about?

Discussion, yes - but not through bait dangling which the Shoveller continually carries out, which your post showed many similarities to

• Like 1