British Speedway Forum

No better time to create the thread I think.

First name on the teamsheet for me would be Greaves at no7 on a 2.5pt average.

Obviously the other question will be if Freddie rides over here for another season. You would hope he will but both of his bad injuries this season have been sustained in the UK which has ultimately cost him a shot at a podium place in the GP series so I wonder if that will affect his thinking.

Will Woffinden return on fixed race nights next year? Probably not but I'd like to see the club try to get him.

Obviously a lot determined depending on what the points limit will be but I imagine Schlein won't be retained due to his improving average over the year.

Howarth has come on leaps and bounds this year now making a solid no2.

And Masters/Thorssell have been as reliable as ever but one may have to make way as both have good sized averages now.

Will be interesting for sure.

No better time to create the thread I think.

First name on the teamsheet for me would be Greaves at no7 on a 2.5pt average.

Obviously the other question will be if Freddie rides over here for another season. You would hope he will but both of his bad injuries this season have been sustained in the UK which has ultimately cost him a shot at a podium place in the GP series so I wonder if that will affect his thinking.

Will Woffinden return on fixed race nights next year? Probably not but I'd like to see the club try to get him.

Obviously a lot determined depending on what the points limit will be but I imagine Schlein won't be retained due to his improving average over the year.

Howarth has come on leaps and bounds this year now making a solid no2.

And Masters/Thorssell have been as reliable as ever but one may have to make way as both have good sized averages now.

Will be interesting for sure.

Interesting, is not how I would describe it. We're going to have to lose a rider, and that is disappointing.

Interesting, is not how I would describe it. We're going to have to lose a rider, and that is disappointing.

How is it not interesting to see how the team will be built? They may improve it for all we know.

How is it not interesting to see how the team will be built? They may improve it for all we know.

Well that will be a hell an achievement to be honest. Historically when you have to shed points it is not likely that you will be successfull.

Well that will be a hell an achievement to be honest. Historically when you have to shed points it is not likely that you will be successfull.

In fairness we did okay holding onto riders from 2016.

• Like 1

In fairness we did okay holding onto riders from 2016.

But it was a complete change in circumstances using 'lower league's averages which skewed things eg Klindt.Lord knows what we will get next year.

If it's a 42 point limit then I assume you would simply swap Schlein for an NL 2 pointer (Clegg?I think that fits. Greaves could step up to bring senior reserve and Riss to 2nd string.

Woffy in for masters or thorssell if he fitted and was interested?

Of course if the league goes to 12 teams then unless the fixed race nights brings back some big names the limit may need to drop to say 40 to free up riders for clubs moving up?

If it's a 42 point limit then I assume you would simply swap Schlein for an NL 2 pointer (Clegg?I think that fits. Greaves could step up to bring senior reserve and Riss to 2nd string.

Woffy in for masters or thorssell if he fitted and was interested?

Of course if the league goes to 12 teams then unless the fixed race nights brings back some big names the limit may need to drop to say 40 to free up riders for clubs moving up?

I would like to see Rory back as Howarth will ride for Sheffield if they come up the same could be said for Masters

I would like to see Rory back as Howarth will ride for Sheffield if they come up the same could be said for Masters

Sheffield won't be coming up surely?

But it was a complete change in circumstances using 'lower league's averages which skewed things eg Klindt.Lord knows what we will get next year.

we fell lucky I grant you. Will be interesting to see what the rules and regs are for 2018.

Sheffield won't be coming up surely?

All teams signed up for it so I'd imagine so.

But of a farce tho with any team being allowed up if they want to tho.

I've just had a look at the Express & Star website (our local paper). There is an article about the Heathens possibly having nowhere to ride next year. It talks about nowhere to hold 'races' rather than meetings and calls us the Wolverhampton Wolverines ! Rubbish E&S !

At this very early stage, and of course recovery from injuries notwithstanding, I've got a feeling Masters won't be back in 2018.

Kyle surely can't get any better, can he? Had a stellar season. Rory the same.

On his ass Riss, no thanks.

The only certainty, IMO, is Greaves, the lad deserves it :t:

At this very early stage, and of course recovery from injuries notwithstanding, I've got a feeling Masters won't be back in 2018.

Kyle surely can't get any better, can he? Had a stellar season. Rory the same.

On his ass Riss, no thanks.

The only certainty, IMO, is Greaves, the lad deserves it :t:

With regard to Kyle I would definetely have him back. He fills the solid team man role that always gives 100%. Not only that I think he is fantastic to watch.😀

I've just had a look at the Express & Star website (our local paper). There is an article about the Heathens possibly having nowhere to ride next year. It talks about nowhere to hold 'races' rather than meetings and calls us the Wolverhampton Wolverines ! Rubbish E&S !

Sounds as though the E&S has repeated the story from the Speedway Star quoting Gary Patchett.

Yes, the E&S is rubbish.

There are rumors that Cradley won't be able to run the following closed season, every closed season if still based at Monmore. But what else are Ladbrooks going to do with that Stadium? Greyhound Racing only accounts for 2 evenings & 3 afternoons.

As for Wolves 2018. Who knows with regards to injuries & potential restructure of leagues, surely Lindgren & Greaves will be retained if possible. As Piotr Pawlicki has absolutely no chance realistically making the top 8 in this years SGP (18 points behind 8th placed Zagar, with Vaculik & Holder in between) could he be tempted back? Unlikely, but it would be a hell of a coup if they could.