British Speedway Forum

I think Freddie will be back for you. Greaves & Jacob Should also be signed up as soon as.

The middle order will depend on the points limit but that will effect most teams. Kyle has been good on occasions but I thought at times he has no awareness for his team mates on the track and got in the way but as a number 2 I don't think there are many better. Rory has given you a great season, proved so many wrong and that's been great so see as a bees fan, his problem is that where he gave what he did I think Masters has more about him to improve his average and especially at home he can be very good.

All in all you have the spine of another team that can challenge without making many changes and continuity is I think an important role.

A great team manager and owner and I think after a few seasons of struggles it's good to see wolves back fighting for the title.

• Like 1

Yes, the E&S is rubbish.

There are rumors that Cradley won't be able to run the following closed season, every closed season if still based at Monmore. But what else are Ladbrooks going to do with that Stadium? Greyhound Racing only accounts for 2 evenings & 3 afternoons.

As for Wolves 2018. Who knows with regards to injuries & potential restructure of leagues, surely Lindgren & Greaves will be retained if possible. As Piotr Pawlicki has absolutely no chance realistically making the top 8 in this years SGP (18 points behind 8th placed Zagar, with Vaculik & Holder in between) could he be tempted back? Unlikely, but it would be a hell of a coup if they could.

Lindgren, Howarth, Woffinden, Thorssell/Masters, Pawlicki, Riss and Greaves wouldn't look too bad 😉 Unlikely though! Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

I think Freddie will be back for you. Greaves & Jacob Should also be signed up as soon as.

The middle order will depend on the points limit but that will effect most teams. Kyle has been good on occasions but I thought at times he has no awareness for his team mates on the track and got in the way but as a number 2 I don't think there are many better. Rory has given you a great season, proved so many wrong and that's been great so see as a bees fan, his problem is that where he gave what he did I think Masters has more about him to improve his average and especially at home he can be very good.

All in all you have the spine of another team that can challenge without making many changes and continuity is I think an important role.

A great team manager and owner and I think after a few seasons of struggles it's good to see wolves back fighting for the title.

Unless rumours of his imminent departure to Perry Barr are to be believed. Bit of mischief making I think though. Cannot see PA leaving Wolves.

In fairness we did okay holding onto riders from 2016.

The fact that Masters & Howarth used their lower league averages helped Steve.

Yes very true. Ditto any rider who was doubling up from last season.

Yes very true. Ditto any rider who was doubling up from last season.

I would 100% go for Lindgren, Howarth and Greaves again I would even go as far as saying I would have Schlein....I think Thorsell injury going to be longer than we think as he still awaiting an op as of 8th October!

If fixed night racing then I reckon you will see Woffy back in Wolves colours and to save the so called top flight of British Speedway then fixed nights have to happen but i know it not as easy as that

I think there will be big question marks over Lindgren and Thorssell with the nature of there injuries.

Schlein I think proved to be a great signing not just on track but also in the pits and I think he should be one of the first riders signed up for 2018.

What this year proved once again is every team needs a strong reserve and this should be one of the areas of team building should be focused on.

Greaves I don't think is ready to be the stronger reserve but would be fine in the Number 7 role again next season.

One rider I wouldn't go near is Clegg, can't see how a rider can have spent so many years riding the track yet still doesn't know the right lines.

• Like 1

I would 100% go for Lindgren, Howarth and Greaves again I would even go as far as saying I would have Schlein....I think Thorsell injury going to be longer than we think as he still awaiting an op as of 8th October!

If fixed night racing then I reckon you will see Woffy back in Wolves colours and to save the so called top flight of British Speedway then fixed nights have to happen but i know it not as easy as that

Lindgren and Woffinden in the same team I imagine would be quite expensive. If Fred is fit and well, I would have him everytime, fantastic, and loyal, a Wolves legend already.

• Like 2

I think a lot of us are forgetting minus his injury Sam Masters has had another fantastic year in Wolves colours and held his own for I would say 90% of the season at 5! He is a rider I truly have got so much time and respect for and also rides with pride in Wolves colours but has he gone as far as he can in Wolves colours? I don't think he will ever hit the number 1 berth and don't think he will ever reach the heights of Holder & Ward in the Premiership BUT is he worth another punt? When injury free and willing to ride wide without getting scared of someone coming near him (which is understandable considering the injury) he is a consistent scorer home and away!

Tough call on this one for PA & CVS

Lindgren and Woffinden in the same team I imagine would be quite expensive. If Fred is fit and well, I would have him everytime, fantastic, and loyal, a Wolves legend already.

Not a Wolves fan,but Freddie over Woffy for me.Even with the ave difference

1) Freddie

2) PK (out of retirement for a swansong.......be about his 5th)

3) Howarth

4) Thorssell

5) Schlein

6) Max (out of retirement from a swansong)

7) Greaves

Looks good to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........................ :drink:

• Like 1

Ricky Wells looked like he might have been riding for a spot last night!

he was unlucky to miss out on a place in the 2016 team as he really pushed on in '15. his away form was what let him down when he was in the third heat leader role.

as a second string if his average fits he'd be a good addition.

he was unlucky to miss out on a place in the 2016 team as he really pushed on in '15. his away form was what let him down when he was in the third heat leader role.

as a second string if his average fits he'd be a good addition.

I'd agree with that. Second string yes.

Under the same scenario as 2017 he'd be 8.77. A tad high for a second string!