British Speedway Forum

If ipswich move up, I'm sure greaves will be wanted by all our fans too. What a fantastic season he has had for us.

• Like 2

Under the same scenario as 2017 he'd be 8.77. A tad high for a second string!

if that is the average he'd be on in the league I'd only be looking at him if we failed to re-sign any 3 of Lindgren, Masters, Thorssell and Schlein then.

If ipswich move up, I'm sure greaves will be wanted by all our fans too. What a fantastic season he has had for us.

Sounds like he will ride for us if offered a team place, based on what he said in the rider interviews after the meeting.

Would be excellent value on his average as a no7.

if that is the average he'd be on in the league I'd only be looking at him if we failed to re-sign any 3 of Lindgren, Masters, Thorssell and Schlein then.

I like Masters but I'd keep JT & Lindgren assuming they want to come back. Then sign Greaves as your no7 and see if Woffinden or Pawlicki would be interested in returning on fixed race nights, especially if there are squads.

Under the same scenario as 2017 he'd be 8.77. A tad high for a second string!

With the news of a suspected bigger league and more teams I doubt that they will use those inflated averages again.

Still, one never knows!

• Like 1

Inflated averages were only brought in for team building this season after the EL and PL rode to different race formats in 2016. If a rider did NOT double up in 2016 then his inflated average was used. If he did double up then his PL average was used for team building to a 50 point maximum in the Premiership

With the 2017 race format being the same in both leagues this season their is no need to use any figure other than what riders actually achieved this season.

• Like 1

Inflated averages were only brought in for team building this season after the EL and PL rode to different race formats in 2016. If a rider did NOT double up in 2016 then his inflated average was used. If he did double up then his PL average was used for team building to a 50 point maximum in the Premiership

With the 2017 race format being the same in both leagues this season their is no need to use any figure other than what riders actually achieved this season.

Except of course if they didn't get an average in 2017. In which case I'd say if they rode cl they should have a 1.2 divisor, if they riode 2016 EL then a 1.2 multiplier.

CVS has done a good job for Wolves over a long period. He has not only brought success to the club but ensured it's survival through difficult times for the sport. If he does retire I wish him well. I hope he overcomes his health problem and has a deserved long and happy retirement.

I would be hypocritical if I didn't say that I have been less impressed during his various periods in positions of authority within the BSPA. I am sorry to say that I regard him as one of those who must share responsibility for the present state of the sport.

Edited by Aces51

CVS has done a good job for Wolves over a long period. He has not only brought success to the club but ensured it's survival through difficult times for the sport. If he does retire I wish him well. I hope he overcomes his health problem and has a deserved long and happy retirement.

I would be hypocritical if I didn't say that I have been less impressed during his various periods in positions of authority within the BSPA. I am sorry to say that I regard him as one of those who must share responsibility for the present state of the sport.

Agreed along with Ford.

In today’s day and age any Promoter can run a track for 30 years deserves a medal, a Gold one at that, never any story’s of riders getting payed.

The time he spent as Chairman had a detrimental effect on Wolves as I would think that position takes up so much time

• Like 3

In today’s day and age any Promoter can run a track for 30 years deserves a medal, a Gold one at that, never any story’s of riders getting payed.

The time he spent as Chairman had a detrimental effect on Wolves as I would think that position takes up so much time

Ain't that the truth :t:

• Like 1

PRESUMABLY you mean NOT getting paid...

• Like 2

PRESUMABLY you mean NOT getting paid...[/quoteof]

OF course that’s what I mean

WAS anything said last night if cvs was retiring

PRESUMABLY you mean NOT getting paid...[/quoteof]

OF course thats what I mean

WAS anything said last night if cvs was retiring

No, though he did make a point of thanking other staff for their help and support, particularly at the meetings he was unable to attend.

I’ve only ever been to 1 Wolves end of Season do, and it will always live in my mind because of the speech that Peter Adams give, pure classic, did he give one last night