British Speedway Forum

Indeed he did. Some good gags; Pete clearly misses Nicolai Klindt as the main target of his wit.

Hospital, brain and a Cradley Heath rider :rofl:

The all time classic.

I rather liked the Ribena one, hadn't heard that before (poor Nic!).

Graham Jones, the butt of the American psychic joke, took it well; good for him! Must have been on the wrong end of a few from Adams down the years...

• Like 1

These 2018 threads start way to early as we don't know which way the league is going to head and who will be running it, we have BSPA members being suspended, the Chairman banning riders and now cleared and so many mistakes through the year that they finally have to admit Britain needs drastic changes and if truth be told ones big league would cure most of the problems.

Too many riders now doubling up which means more guests and RR being used and due to the wrong set of averages used at the start of the season, we saw young Brits suddenly looking for work elsewhere if possible. Sarjeant, Jacobs, Bates etc all had difficulty getting jobs in their own country.

The only riders that should double up are National League riders and if all tracks had both reserves as National League riders it would give possibly 40 youngsters a chance to progress and not be replaced by a higher grade rider or a foreigner on a low average which also needs looking at.

We don't know rules, limits, leagues etc etc so next years team plans can't really start yet. Then we have to see if Lindgren and Thorssell will be fit for next even and the same for Lindgren plus if Poland only allow riders to do two leagues both would be Unlikley to ride here.

Agree than Nathan Greaves deserves another slot as he progressed during the season and has finished comfortably picking up points in most races and on the pace, plus he is still very young which people forget as he seems to have been around for ages. Rory Schlein has admitted he is loving it at Wolverhampton and finally feels like he has found a home while Kyle and Sam also love being there but belong to other clubs and having one league would surely see them back with their parent clubs.

Then of course we face the possibility that Wolves could be under new owners next season as CVS has been having serious health issues and is looking to step down while Peter Adams is also at an age where he is cutting down on his own work and it's due to these two that Wolvesvhave been the successful team they have been after over 30 years at the helm.

Let's see what the AGM brings and anything else in the coming months before formulating possible teams that in the end don't fit.

• Like 3

I have a feeling that Freddie may decide not to ride over here next year while he recovers from his injury, am I right in thinking Tai could come back on his final 2016 average of 7.03, you could build a very good team around that

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

I have a feeling that Freddie may decide not to ride over here next year while he recovers from his injury, am I right in thinking Tai could come back on his final 2016 average of 7.03, you could build a very good team around that

Well there we are.

So much grumbling about the farce how British speedway is run, and it could be that No2 (or No3) in the world comes and rides on a farcical average.

Its as if British speedway rules are a farce unless they apply to "my" team, then they are OK

I know it's a very long shot, but if we could somehow tempt Tai and Pawlicki back on a ridiculous 14.35 average between them, perhaps it would give Fred and Jacob a well needed rest to recuperate from their injuries.
  • Like 2

Well there we are.

So much grumbling about the farce how British speedway is run, and it could be that No2 (or No3) in the world comes and rides on a farcical average.

Its as if British speedway rules are a farce unless they apply to "my" team, then they are OK

We have no idea what averages will be applied for 2018 for any of the riders.

I'm sure any meetings he rode in 2016 will, and should, be applied if he chose to ride here in 2018.

Let's face it, it's highly unlikely.

I've got no issue with Tai being regraded to a suitable average if that makes things fair. So long as it's applied universally to ALL riders coming back to the top flight if they chose to.

I see no reason why any rider who is GP standard and rides in the top flight in Poland and Sweden shouldn't be on a minimum 8 point average.

So yes that's Tai, Lindback, Milik, Vaculik etc.

• Like 1

I know it's a very long shot, but if we could somehow tempt Tai and Pawlicki back on a ridiculous 14.35 average between them, perhaps it would give Fred and Jacob a well needed rest to recuperate from their injuries.

Rory Schlein 7.72

Kyle Howarth 6.64

Tai woffinden 7.03

Ricky Wells 6.74

Piotr Pawlicki 7.32

? 4.01

Nathan Greaves 2.54

Now that would be a good team but I think Pawlickis average is too old to be used, don't see him coming back anyway but you never know if we have fixed race nights and he won't be in the gp's next year

Unbelievably Schlein had an off yesterday and broke his foot!

Any prospective riders for 2018 must have their own rabbit's foot :P

Unbelievably Schlein had an off yesterday and broke his foot!

Any prospective riders for 2018 must have their own rabbit's foot :P

Sprained but not broken thankfully.

Looked a horrible spill and couldve been much worse!!

I am a poole fan but totally agree with steve brum ref averages for gp rated riders stick to one average for all no argument in my book

• Like 1

Sprained but not broken thankfully.

Looked a horrible spill and couldve been much worse!!

That's interesting. Wolves official twitter says broken. More ruddy fake news!

That's interesting. Wolves official twitter says broken. More ruddy fake news!

I think first fears were a break but later confirmed as not.

Will miss the 2nd leg of our final which is a great shame. Rory has been a fantastic Witch 👍👏