British Speedway Forum

The 9pt average for GP riders is absurd. Was this something that the smaller clubs also forced through in an attempt to force the rest of us down to their level?

Interesting talk in by the sounds of it but a shame about Pawlicki's average being so ridiculous.

Piotr Pawlicki isn't a GP rider in 2018. Anyway it's ridiculous giving a set figure to a rider just because they are in the GPS or missed a season.

The 9pt average for GP riders is absurd. Was this something that the smaller clubs also forced through in an attempt to force the rest of us down to their level?

Interesting talk in by the sounds of it but a shame about Pawlicki's average being so ridiculous.

Personally speaking I'd rather the set assessed or reassessed is 9 than the farcial 7 given out in 2016.

Pawlicki is good enough to be in the GPs this year so it's only fair he too is assessed 9.

We were all moaning that 7 was to low, now there's moaning it's too high!!!

• Like 1

Personally speaking I'd rather the set assessed or reassessed is 9 than the farcial 7 given out in 2016.

Pawlicki is good enough to be in the GPs this year so it's only fair he too is assessed 9.

I think the moans are more about the one above 8 point rider on top of the GP rider 9 point assessed average the two together means a lot of quality riders cannot be signed even if they wanted to ride over here again.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

I'm not saying it's too high necessarily. I'm saying to give all riders in the GPS the same average is wrong because they are not all the same standard. We have statistics from Sweden and Poland to give them a much more appropriate average to their abilities. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

wrong as per usual. Questioned was asked about Manzares and CVS Said he wasn't in team plans.

All GP riders, including Tai, Piotr and Vaculik are assessed or reassessed as 9.

But Piotr is not a gp rider?

Tbf its about right. Ive argued that due to the weakness of the league last year vs 2016 a 1.2 multiplier is about right. Before u even get into the impact of the heat format. Most gp riders would have averaged 7.5 ish in 2016 so 9 seems ok. But why only gp riders? Why not a multiplier of 1.2 OR an assessed average based on 2017 Swedish or polish averages?

And seriously - why only 1 over8!?! Has stuffed wolves robins and aces.

Ford must be laughing with Woryna on a 4.65. When hes averaged similar in 2017 in top leagues to riders who will now be on a 9.

Ford the instigator of last season's gp riders being given 9 point averages according to CVS.

Looks like it was directly aimed at wolves and belle Vue - pawlicki, woffy, Zafar all on sub 8 average or would have been...

Whats happened in just over twelve months that sees Tais average go from 7 to 9?

Makes his inclusion last year and the subsequent cup win seem farcical.

Ford the instigator of last season's gp riders being given 9 point averages according to CVS.

Looks like it was directly aimed at wolves and belle Vue - pawlicki, woffy, Zafar all on sub 8 average or would have been...

Ha ha. If that's true he's mugged them off good and proper if he signs Holder.

Whats happened in just over twelve months that sees Tais average go from 7 to 9?

Makes his inclusion last year and the subsequent cup win seem farcical.

A very low points limit last year plus a change in race formula.

Ha ha. If that's true he's mugged them off good and proper if he signs Holder.

Which was pointed out by CVS. Looks like other teams also took the opportunity to stick the knife in too.

The low points limit was this year in response to The Aces finishing top the year before.

I think the moans are more about the one above 8 point rider on top of the GP rider 9 point assessed average the two together means a lot of quality riders cannot be signed even if they wanted to ride over here again.

I see it as a cost cutting exercise ensuring that none of those riders could be signed even if they wanted to. The fact that some clubs aren't keen to sign the TV deal speaks volumes about how much money they expect to lose out on. Certainly not enough for the top boys.

But Piotr is not a gp rider?

Tbf its about right. Ive argued that due to the weakness of the league last year vs 2016 a 1.2 multiplier is about right. Before u even get into the impact of the heat format. Most gp riders would have averaged 7.5 ish in 2016 so 9 seems ok. But why only gp riders? Why not a multiplier of 1.2 OR an assessed average based on 2017 Swedish or polish averages?

And seriously - why only 1 over8!?! Has stuffed wolves robins and aces. Ford must be laughing with Woryna on a 4.65. When hes averaged similar in 2017 in top leagues to riders who will now be on a 9.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Piotr a GP rider this very season. He is by right a GP standard rider.

I can see Woryna being reassessed given that GP standards have been reassessed for missing a season. It's about time sense was seen for trying to gain an advantage on an out of date average.

And before anyone accuses me of bias YES it would have been fair if they reassessed Tai in 2016.

Anything that gives fairness and transparency can only be good for our sport.

Edited by stevebrum

Piotr was a gp rider in 2017. So is the rule a rider who rode gps in 2017 is a 9? Or a 2018 gp rider is a 9? Or anyone who has ever ridden gps is a 9?

Piotr was a gp rider in 2017. So is the rule a rider who rode gps in 2017 is a 9? Or a 2018 gp rider is a 9? Or anyone who has ever ridden gps is a 9?

That's a bit unfair on Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls :wink:

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's an ambiguous rule that will be applied to suit as per usual.