Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Anyone know who we've loaned Kyle from?

Very unusual for Wolves to own so few riders. Maybe they have decided to accept paying loan fees due to the constant rule changes which makes using your assets harder.

Currently Workington asset.

Col must be gutted that Masters has signed already when he spent four months last year saying he wouldn’t sign for 2017!

You know that Col is always going to say something negative about every Wolves team. Once a spoon.....

• Like 1

Howarth or Schlein will not be at Wolves because Greaves will need to be the No.7.

Klindt looking for a workshop and a mechanic in the Midlands area. Wolves return maybe.

I wouldn't read too much into that, he lives round the corner from Pete so probably just wants his mechanic close to him

• Like 1

CVS said on saturday one more signing has been agreed and will be announced this week, and that's as far as he can go until a decision has been made re Freddie or Jacob. Also said he was asking fans to make the decision for him as he wasnt prepared to as they have both been loyal to him

I think unfortunately for Jacob this is a pretty simple choice really on the averages i think Freddie is a must to come back at number 1 .

I think unfortunately for Jacob this is a pretty simple choice really on the averages i think Freddie is a must to come back at number 1 .

But what about if Jacob is half the price of Freddie?

Not such a simple choice in my opinion

But what about if Jacob is half the price of Freddie?

Not such a simple choice in my opinion

Very True bud that is correct .

I wasn't taking finances into account. I do not think Jacob will be any value on that average at number 1 i think he will struggle at too many away tracks.

• Like 2

At the end of the day the Jacob / Freddie situation hindges on a TV deal imo.

TV Deal - Then it will be Freddie

No TV Deal - Then it will be Thorssell imo due to teams making cut backs in the league and Jacob will be a fair bit cheaper than Freddie.

• Like 1

CVS seems to be really upset by the Freddie/Jacob situation. I hope his concerns have been felt by the rest of the league. I wouldn't be against any decision. Will support whoever is given the nod.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 2

As CVS was unable to attend the AGM I wonder if he has a case to propose the '8 & over' rule be relaxed for all SGBP clubs?? I'm sure he'd now get support from say 5 clubs?!

Edited by Skidder1

I wouldn't be too sure about 5 clubs supporting a change. The damage has already been done by the rule so far as Belle Vue are concerned because Bjerre has now signed for a Danish team.

Thinking about the situation at number one and how other teams will be affected by the loss of a TV deal there is a third option that may be more beneficial to the club and league.

Both Freddie and Jacob are great riders but both have to be flown in and out due to Polish and Sweden fixtures but going with a more balanced team if riders based here could be the way to go and considering how others may line up.

So with Sam Masters Rory Schlein Ricky Wells and Kyle Howarth you have four solid scorers and 13.47 left for the last three. This could mean more strength in depth and should rider replacement ever be required less damage obtained.

1 Sam Masters 7.92

2 Kyle Howarth 6.64

4 Ricky Wells 6.75

5 Rory Schlein 7.72

King 6.66 Becker 4.00 Greaves 2.54

Erik Riss 5.75 Starke 5.08 Greaves 2.54

Erik Riss 5.75 Stu Robson 5.72 JPB 2.00

As CVS was unable to attend the AGM I wonder if he has a case to propose the '8 & over' rule be relaxed for all SGBP clubs?? I'm sure he'd now get support from say 5 clubs?!

Hope not.

The best decision the BSPA have made in years.

Hope not.

The best decision the BSPA have made in years.

You would think that as it was Poole who proposed it and they will be the main benefactors of it

Thinking about the situation at number one and how other teams will be affected by the loss of a TV deal there is a third option that may be more beneficial to the club and league.

Both Freddie and Jacob are great riders but both have to be flown in and out due to Polish and Sweden fixtures but going with a more balanced team if riders based here could be the way to go and considering how others may line up.

So with Sam Masters Rory Schlein Ricky Wells and Kyle Howarth you have four solid scorers and 13.47 left for the last three. This could mean more strength in depth and should rider replacement ever be required less damage obtained.

1 Sam Masters 7.92

2 Kyle Howarth 6.64

4 Ricky Wells 6.75

5 Rory Schlein 7.72

King 6.66 Becker 4.00 Greaves 2.54

Erik Riss 5.75 Starke 5.08 Greaves 2.54

Erik Riss 5.75 Stu Robson 5.72 JPB 2.00

Already looking like a bottom 4 side IMHO.