British Speedway Forum

Looks like a fairly weak team to me and will struggle to make the playoffs. Can't say I'm motivated to purchase a season ticket at the same price as last year when the team is weaker and there will be no GP talent on show.

The upside is it should be very easy to get on the car park at 7.15 this season.

• Like 2

Good solid top five, like the Heeps signing and although Thorsell is unproven he looks no worse on paper to me than Morris or Kurtz. Maybe that is the standard of number ones we are going to get this year.

Reserves however look weak. Wouldn't be surprised if CVS has an early change up his sleeve like last year, don't see that 1-7 being in place at the business end of the season.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

So Lindgren and Doyle both pushed out of their sides. Very sad to see, particularly after the positive noises of Vaculik coming into the league.

Soon we will have two separate leagues of equal strength using exactly the same riders.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wow... Some of the championship teams look stronger

No they don't.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In your opinion they don't and in my opinion they do

Irrelevant what your opinion is, they are factually nowhere near. 

It's a nonsensical statement.

However, to give you a chance, name TWO (as you said some) Championship teams that are stronger.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Certainly beginning to look like a poor league next season can't see why we went to fixed nights . I suppose it was only done for doubling up purposes not to bring back the gp rider's

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grachan said:

So Lindgren and Doyle both pushed out of their sides. Very sad to see, particularly after the positive noises of Vaculik coming into the league.

Soon we will have two separate leagues of equal strength using exactly the same riders.

Poor to see the riders forced out by the rules, rather than simply the club deciding. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Poor to see the riders forced out by the rules, rather than simply the club deciding. 

Lindgren hasn't been forced out by the rules.

If Wolves could afford him he would be in the team.

Unless CVS and PA have lost the plot enough to think a No 4 is better than one of the worlds top 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col said:

Strange decision, Thorsell over Lindgren on similar averages.  Suspect that means no Lindgren in GB this year.

Their averages aren't similar,  there is nearly a point between them.

Not the first time I have looked at a Wolves team and thought it doesn't look strong enough. And then looked at how the other teams are coming together and realising that actually we will probably be better than most.

Will be pressure on Jacob now to come of age, particularly on away tracks, but also at home where finishing behind the opponents top men is more of a problem when you are number one.

But the rest of the top 5 looks pretty solid to me. I was impressed with Heeps last season and was hoping he would be the number 5 based on the options within the available averages. And Nathan was improving well towards the end of last season and him and Morris can be as good as most reserve pairings

Can't say it's a very inspiring line up but looks like our promoters are turning their noses up at a TV deal which is sad to say the least. 

Heeps impressed me this season at Wolves and beat Freddie if I remember right?

Our reserves sadly look poor.

Looks like a solid side to me.

No ringers but all riders are capable of doing the job asked of them.

The Top 2 sides of this year both made early changes, so wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happening again if things aren't clicking early on.

Wolves will be okay at home, but can't see them picking up too many points away...

Just now, blupanther said:

Wolves will be okay at home, but can't see them picking up too many points away...

the old Eastbourne philosophy, win all your home matches and hope for a miracle away