British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In your opinion they don't and in my opinion they do

It's not an opinion. From the completed championship teams I don' think any are near the 42.5 limit when using premiership averages for the riders.

43 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Irrelevant what your opinion is, they are factually nowhere near. 

It's a nonsensical statement.

However, to give you a chance, name TWO (as you said some) Championship teams that are stronger.

You  will give me a chance lol...wow you think you are something special don't you...got news for you fella.

Edited by Baldyman

In other words you can't!

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You  will give me a chance lol...wow you think you are something special don't you...got news for you fella.

Yes, I know.

The news is, there aren't any Championship teams that are stronger. Glad we've established that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I don't really care if I can or not....you speedway fans take everything so serious....

You're not a speedway fan now?

7,898 posts on a forum of a sport you're not a fan of?

I assume these means your post was made in jest and we weren't meant to take it seriously.. all good then!

Edited by BWitcher

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

You're not a speedway fan now?

7,898 posts on a forum of a sport you're not a fan of?

I can take it or leave it now....and I don't take it as serious as some. .its just a mickey mouse sport that I sometimes go and watch

I don't think this Wolves team is bad compared to how the other teams will likely finalise. What is disappointing is that in terms of quality the British top flight just keeps getting weaker every year.

Always reminds me of when the Bhatti Brothers were running Wolverhampton Wanderers. The crowds are down so sell some players. So the crowds go down more so sell more players and so the story went on until the club were in Division 4. Since then there has been investment and now Molineux isn't big enough to hold the numbers that will want to watch them in the Premier League.

But Speedway is on that downward spiral and the number of GP riders that ride in the UK gets less every year as we have a second rate product compared to Poland and Sweden. I know Wolves and Swindon will say that the rules forced them to release Lindgren and Doyle but given the lack of TV money did those rules just make it easier for them to break the news to fans that they were going to go for a cheaper option. Will we ever reach the point where the sport invests to get back the lost supporters? And instead of bemoaning the loss of TV money shouldn't they instead be asking why no tv company particularly wants to cover this league.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

I don't think this Wolves team is bad compared to how the other teams will likely finalise. What is disappointing is that in terms of quality the British top flight just keeps getting weaker every year.

Always reminds me of when the Bhatti Brothers were running Wolverhampton Wanderers. The crowds are down so sell some players. So the crowds go down more so sell more players and so the story went on until the club were in Division 4. Since then there has been investment and now Molineux isn't big enough to hold the numbers that will want to watch them in the Premier League.

But Speedway is on that downward spiral and the number of GP riders that ride in the UK gets less every year as we have a second rate product compared to Poland and Sweden. I know Wolves and Swindon will say that the rules forced them to release Lindgren and Doyle but given the lack of TV money did those rules just make it easier for them to break the news to fans that they were going to go for a cheaper option. Will we ever reach the point where the sport invests to get back the lost supporters? And instead of bemoaning the loss of TV money shouldn't they instead be asking why no tv company particularly wants to cover this league.

Absolutley spot on. 

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

Looks like £10 speedway has arrived in the Premiership!

Yeah but you'll still be expected to pay £18 for it!

1 hour ago, DJWolves said:

It getting more obvious why it should have been 1 big league IMO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It getting more obvious why it should have been 1 big league IMO 

that may be where we end up next season

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Yes, I know.

The news is, there aren't any Championship teams that are stronger. Glad we've established that.

The 2nd division is always going to be way weaker than the top flight.

Last year was the weakest top flight in history yet still the 2nd tier best got thumped by easily the weakest top flight team.

Every season we hear the same thing. Truth is the 2nd tier is still much weaker than the top tier and it's nearly a certainty that 2018 will be the weakest top flight ever!

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The 2nd division is always going to be way weaker than the top flight.

Last year was the weakest top flight in history yet still the 2nd tier best got thumped by easily the weakest top flight team.

Every season we hear the same thing. Truth is the 2nd tier is still much weaker than the top tier and it's nearly a certainty that 2018 will be the weakest top flight ever!

Although Lakeside do get Nick Morris on a lower average than Swindon.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Wow... Some of the championship teams look stronger

Although Wolves look weaker for 2018......using 2017 championsip averages;

Howarth  8.62

Masters 8.57

Schlein 8.58

Heeps 6.93

Morris 4.88

Greaves 4.51

Thorssell 10.36 (EL ave x 1.2)

Total    52.45

As others have asked, can you name any Championship side anywhere near as strong?

• Like 2