British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

All the best to CVS.I'm sure all speedway fans will want to do the same.

Can only ditto that.  Am hoping for a full recovery and improved health for him in 2018 and onwards. 

• Like 4

likewise Mr CVS, I too wish you a full and speedy recovery

Best wishes CVS.

On 17/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, BWitcher said:

Unfortunately Thorssell should never have been under consideration for this season once the 8pt rule was introduced. He has an average that is inflated by anything from 1-2pts from riding at number 4.

Once Lindgren wasn't being brought back they should have gone with Masters at No 1 and used those extra pts to have a very solid 1-7.

While in theory I agree with you, I think Thorsell is so good at home it'll make zero difference there. Where the heat 14/13 difference will tell is away from home where a dodgy meeting from him is still too likely.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Could Clegg be a better long term prospect ??

Morris is 3 years older than Clegg and looking at his stats has 3 years more riding experience. One would think that Morris should be more than 0.73 between them although take on your comments about Morris av being in main body of the team.

Personally I thought 3/4 years Morris looked quite good when I saw him on TV but doesn't seem to have pushed on much in his career (so far).

Having said that maybe long term this is their level in the sport ??

If you're looking at "long term prospects" I suggest you stop looking at both Ashley Morris and Max Clegg. Neither have "it" and neither will amount to much more than they are now any time soon. They might both make it to Championship heat leader level but that could be years from now. They're "OK" riders to have as your number 7 but thats about it really.

1 hour ago, SCB said:

While in theory I agree with you, I think Thorsell is so good at home it'll make zero difference there. Where the heat 14/13 difference will tell is away from home where a dodgy meeting from him is still too likely.

Speedway Star have Jacob listed as 6th in away averages,  with only Doyle,  Morris,  Freddie,  Cook and Musielak above him.

He is getting more consistent away from home season on season. 

He has to step up as number one now so that will make his upward trend a harder job but indications suggest even less likely to have dodgy meetings.  I certainly hope that is the case.

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Speedway Star have Jacob listed as 6th in away averages,  with only Doyle,  Morris,  Freddie,  Cook and Musielak above him.

He is getting more consistent away from home season on season. 

He has to step up as number one now so that will make his upward trend a harder job but indications suggest even less likely to have dodgy meetings.  I certainly hope that is the case.

6th in the away averages where he rode in heat 14 and probably got 3 points vs riding in heat 13 and getting 0.

2 minutes ago, SCB said:

6th in the away averages where he rode in heat 14 and probably got 3 points vs riding in heat 13 and getting 0.

Including heat 15's. 

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Including heat 15's. 

Which he only rode in if he'd done well in his programmed rides because he had Lindgren, Masters and Schlein in the team to take away the pressure. There will be no hiding when he#s at number 1.

2 minutes ago, SCB said:

Which he only rode in if he'd done well in his programmed rides because he had Lindgren, Masters and Schlein in the team to take away the pressure. There will be no hiding when he#s at number 1.

Of course.

The fact is he has improved his away performances year on year. He will need to do the same in 2018.

With even less true number ones in the league it shouldn't be that difficult. 

Could be similar to anders henriksson at newport , a fellow swede who was superb at home and pretty poor away riding at numbers 3/4, once Watson left he was thrown in at number one and in his final season with Newport he ended up as one of the top riders in the league with massively improved away performances. 

Cant see Thorsell struggling too much at 1 in this watered down league to be honest, but will have to see.

• Like 1

Called in on Peter Adams the other day and he spoke to CVS on Christmas eve and the operation appears to have gone well but obviously this is the start.of a long fight to get better but hopefully all is going in the bright direction. 

On previous posts above there is obviously some concern over Jacob taking over as s number one as he has mainly ridden as a secnd string not just this season but for the last few. 

Yes he has had the easier heat 14 rather than 13 and ridden with Rory Schlein in three of his four programmed rides but he has improved vastly in recent times and his scores away have been much better but despite the league losing more big names there is a small concern he can do the job that Freddie would have done. 

Maybe he may lose the number one slot to Sam Masters anyway by the first set of averages but he is a rider that loves riding for the club and I'm sure he will do a good job with Sam, Rory and Kyle leading the team. 

My concern with the team is Cameron Heaps and Ashley Morris but have to admit I'm not that well up on Heaps at first hand and can only go on figures from match reports largely while Morris just seems to have been around for a while without really improving that much to make him the main reserve. 

With Max Clegg available on a 2.00 average I would have thought he was just as effective as Morris and that would have left enugh to have bought in someone like Ricky Wells in the top five as a few teams are going with two low average reserves. 

Hopefully the team will prove me wrong and hit the ground running but looking at the possible matches ahead it has to be said that most teams don' look that apealling and think a number of tracks may find attendances down this year ahead. 

No need for concern re Cam Heeps TNT

Always had great talent and finally seems clear of his serious wrist injury issues (long may it continue)

That coupled with a more mature focused approach gives him a chance to realise his potential

Interesting comment in Speedway Star today saying that Woffy was seriously considering racing in the UK in 2018 with 2 night racing being introduced. Until he was told his average was about to 'rocket'.

Wonder if the original line up might have been Fred,  Piotr and Tai? ? That would have been awesome! !

Even Jacob plus the duo would have been superb. 

According to SS it looks like Vacilik will be an 8 as a newcomer, yet others who missed racing here in 2016 could be different,  you just can't try and make a bigger mess up if you tried!:mad:

• Like 1