British Speedway Forum

The money issue is nonsense, considering Woffy was coming until he was slapped with a ridiculous reassessed 9 point average.

I love how people are trying to write Jacob off after one meeting.  Made I titter tho.:P

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The money issue is nonsense, considering Woffy was coming until he was slapped with a ridiculous reassessed 9 point average.

I love how people are trying to write Jacob off after one meeting.  Made I titter tho.:P

Not writing him off Stevebrum, first meeting or not he bottled it every time someone came close, not a good sign for Wolverhampton.

We've seen it many many times with rider's coming back from serious injury, they're slow to get back any confidence and form and probably best not to sign for at least 12 months

• Like 2

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Not writing him off Stevebrum, first meeting or not he bottled it every time someone came close, not a good sign for Wolverhampton.

We've seen it many many times with rider's coming back from serious injury, they're slow to get back any confidence and form and probably best not to sign for at least 12 months

It's his first meeting in a fairly good standard line up.

I'm sure he will be okay. Either way we have Woffy and Piotr waiting in the wings if it's an issue, using the Poole/Kildemand example. 

If/when Jacob has a poor start how would it be possible to bring tai in ? Jacob starts on 8.64 ish now we all know that falls to around 8.00ish so how would it be possible to swap him with tai  who would be on a 9.00 ? 

Now if you don't think he's average drops fair enough but just be hypathetical about the scenario ... 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think Wolves will be in trouble early season as Thorssell shown today in the best pairs he's not interested in wheel to wheel racing. Anyone gets close he's moving over or shutting off.

On a track like Wolves you can't help but be forced into close racing.

While it is true Thorssell was poor today you could say the same about a number of riders in today's meeting in Torun, was he testing new equipment, was it a confidence thing, if its the latter the more time on the bike racing the better IMO and he should find it easier to win races in our Premiership.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If/when Jacob has a poor start how would it be possible to bring tai in ? Jacob starts on 8.64 ish now we all know that falls to around 8.00ish so how would it be possible to swap him with tai  who would be on a 9.00 ? 

Now if you don't think he's average drops fair enough but just be hypathetical about the scenario ... 

Wolves could re declare and bring Woffy in place of Jacob if he struggles and use the points to strengthen at reserve. 

Woffy would return to his low 7 average,  which is no different to what Poole have done to fit Kildemand in.

Jacob will have time to prove himself and I think he will be fine anyway.

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Wolves could re declare and bring Woffy in place of Jacob if he struggles and use the points to strengthen at reserve. 

Woffy would return to his low 7 average,  which is no different to what Poole have done to fit Kildemand in.

Jacob will have time to prove himself and I think he will be fine anyway.

Thorsell will be fine, he is practically unbeatable at Monmore and was pretty decent away last season.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Thorsell will be fine, he is practically unbeatable at Monmore and was pretty decent away last season.

Yes I think so too,  but you have to have a back up plan just in case.

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Yes I think so too,  but you have to have a back up plan just in case.

And maybe his confidence is a little down  at the moment after his bad crash last season.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

And maybe his confidence is a little down  at the moment after his bad crash last season.

Possibly,  ditto Hancock, Nicki P, Iversen, Freddie. It's definitely how you bounce back that's true. 

Looks like Kyle is at 2 with Jacob. Not sure right move IMHO. 

FB_IMG_1522089896773.jpg

I wonder if the burger van will fire up a bit earlier this season to allow for Cameron heeps  multiple burgers to digest ?

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, stevebrum said:

FB_IMG_1522089896773.jpg

I'm sure there is scope for a funny caption regarding location of the photo but I can't think of any.  Any takers?

On 26/03/2018 at 7:48 PM, stevebrum said:

FB_IMG_1522089896773.jpg

Hurry up with the photo mate we've only got 2 minutes to do this garden!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1