British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yes if he can get over his injury he is more than capable, just my opinion of course. I also respect your opinion, I guess time will tell. If I am wrong I will be the first one to say so. As regards your second point, thats why i believe it was more to do with averages and team building. If it's not working out there is the possibility of bringing in Tai or Pawlicki

And bringing them in on their 7 point plus averages just like Poole were allowed to do with Kildemand.

• Like 1

Just now, Lefty said:

I would expect Jacob to be the top five. He should finish with a higher average than Morris & Clegg!

Top 6 of ALL averages all teams end of year! ;)

9 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I would expect Jacob to be the top five. He should finish with a higher average than Morris & Clegg!

Clegg? 

2 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Clegg? 

Whoops - shows how long it's been since the team was announced and actually seeing Wolves ride!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lefty said:

Whoops - shows how long it's been since the team was announced and actually seeing Wolves ride!

Lol next week hopefully weather looking much better for monday

2 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Some of the team have retired  :D

• Haha 1

If Thorsell gets in the top 4 in the league averages I would be utterly astounded and we'd be nailed on for the playoffs again at the very least.

I would say the following will certainly be higher:

Doyle
Iversen
Cook
Kurtz
Morris

Most likely higher:

Fricke
Andersen
Masters
Lambert

Top ten he will have done well.

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

If Thorsell gets in the top 4 in the league averages I would be utterly astounded and we'd be nailed on for the playoffs again at the very least.

I would say the following will certainly be higher:

Doyle
Iversen
Cook
Kurtz
Morris

Most likely higher:

Fricke
Andersen
Masters
Lambert

Top ten he will have done well.

I find it quite interesting you have mentioned Sam. If I had to pick one of our riders to challenge Jacob for the no 1 spot it would be Rory. Shows what strength in depth we have in our top 3, possibly the strongest in the league. I also think Kyle will improve his average to 7+. I prefer to say the glass is half full not half empty.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I find it quite interesting you have mentioned Sam. If I had to pick one of our riders to challenge Jacob for the no 1 spot it would be Rory. Shows what strength in depth we have in our top 3, possibly the strongest in the league. I also think Kyle will improve his average to 7+. I prefer to say the glass is half full not half empty.

Whereas I prefer a full glass rather than a half full one with a hope it might fill up. :)

I have no idea why you've picked Schlein over Masters.

Masters rode pretty much the entire year at No 5. Thorsell and Schlein were riding at 3 and 4. They all have three equal rides, then their fourth.. Schlein and Masters are facing another no 3 or 4 and a reserve... Masters is facing the opposing 1 & 5. The difference is anything from 1-2pts average wise. Despite that Masters was above Schlein.

Masters is currently our best rider. Thorssell is at No 1 because of his race position last season.

Agree about Howarth if he can continue his rate of progression. 

Edited by BWitcher

I think Wolves will be in real trouble if Schlein turns out to be your best rider. He's a good rider but will do well to maintain his current average.

I hope Howarth does have a good season. He has been a steady improver during his career and has the ability to continue to do so.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Trees said:

They must fit Freddie in at some point .....

My understanding is if he wasn't in the initial 1-7 he can't come back mid season except with permission from the mc 

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Whereas I prefer a full glass rather than a half full one with a hope it might fill up. :)

I have no idea why you've picked Schlein over Masters.

Masters rode pretty much the entire year at No 5. Thorsell and Schlein were riding at 3 and 4. They all have three equal rides, then their fourth.. Schlein and Masters are facing another no 3 or 4 and a reserve... Masters is facing the opposing 1 & 5. The difference is anything from 1-2pts average wise. Despite that Masters was above Schlein.

Masters is currently our best rider. Thorssell is at No 1 because of his race position last season.

Agree about Howarth if he can continue his rate of progression. 

I can see your logic in that but don't forget Rory was partnered with Jacob so that would have affected his average also. I think Rory will benefit from his second season riding for us.and his early season form seems impressive enough. I think he will thrive in the captain's role and lead by example and presumably will be partnered with Cameron this year. For what its worth, regardless of which number they rode at last year, I considered Jacob our 2nd best rider behind Freddie. If he can perform like that again neither will touch him anyway

Edited by Call me wolfie

45 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I can see your logic in that but don't forget Rory was partnered with Jacob so that would have affected his average also. I think Rory will benefit from his second season riding for us.and his early season form seems impressive enough. I think he will thrive in the captain's role and lead by example and presumably will be partnered with Cameron this year. For what its worth, regardless of which number they rode at last year, I considered Jacob our 2nd best rider behind Freddie. If he can perform like that again neither will touch him anyway

If he performs as he did last year, we are finished.

He has to improve massively away from home.

24 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

If he performs as he did last year, we are finished.

He has to improve massively away from home.

Top 5 away average last year I think you'll find

• Like 1