British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Top 5 away average last year I think you'll find

Riding at No 4. 

You really aren't grasping the massive difference between No 4 and No 1.

36 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Riding at No 4. 

You really aren't grasping the massive difference between No 4 and No 1.

He beat his fair share of no 1's, let's just agree to disagree but just give the guy a chance before you slate him

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

He beat his fair share of no 1's, let's just agree to disagree but just give the guy a chance before you slate him

I haven't slated him in the slightest, I am simply setting realistic expectations.

Just had a quick run through Wolves’ away matches in the regular season last year. If I’m correct (I did rattle through it a bit), Thorssell rode 13 of them and finished ahead of the home No.1 at some point in eight matches. Not every time they met, and not all race wins, but pretty decent going all the same. I very much take the point that riding at No.1 (for the pressure almost as much as the harder outings) is a different kettle of fish, mind.

• Like 2

The biggest concern at present is Cameron Heeps. I know it sounds harsh after just 3 meetings but what is Plan B. 

Last night people said NBJ at reserve was the difference but if Heeps was performing to his average, Wolves may have won.....

CVS was fairly quick to change Skornicki last season... Will he be as ruthless this year? 

1 hour ago, Yampy said:

The biggest concern at present is Cameron Heeps. I know it sounds harsh after just 3 meetings but what is Plan B. 

Last night people said NBJ at reserve was the difference but if Heeps was performing to his average, Wolves may have won.....

CVS was fairly quick to change Skornicki last season... Will he be as ruthless this year? 

too early i think as he has shown he can score some points he's just lacking in consistency.

with a 5.25 average as well who is there to replace him

I guess we'll see how serious Da Management are after tonight. Make a positive change, like last season, or let it drift and blame the fans for not turning up.

58 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Cameron Heeps worst number 3 from a visiting team I’ve seen at Swindon for many years.

I'd treat your comment with a modicum of respect if you even attended. 

He beat Doyle on Monday,  just saying. 

Heeps and Howarth are big concerns. Will be a massive concern to the management I'm sure once Heeps goes to reserve and Morris moves into the top 5. It would be totally wrong and unfair on Morris, doing really well but still should be down at reserve. I wouldn't be surprised with the backward thinking of Peter Adams that Morris would be the one to get the chop after a couple of low scores at 2nd string.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heeps and Howarth are big concerns. Will be a massive concern to the management I'm sure once Heeps goes to reserve and Morris moves into the top 5. It would be totally wrong and unfair on Morris, doing really well but still should be down at reserve. I wouldn't be surprised with the backward thinking of Peter Adams that Morris would be the one to get the chop after a couple of low scores at 2nd string.

That seems to be the case for most teams in all  leagues. It's generally someone doing a decent job paying the price for 1 or 2 that aren't when redeclaring.

Nothing new or surprising here.

• Like 1

Wasn' backward thinking this time last year with Schlein and Riss coming in was it.

• Like 2

Adam's "backward thinking" has got him 9 league titles in his locker, and no doubt he will get to his target of 10 before he retires. How many have the Stars got ? Oh that's right, ZERO.

• Thanks 1

I think Howarth is still feeling the affects of his injury at the moment and will get better with time... he was scoring big scores before his injury.