British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heeps and Howarth are big concerns. Will be a massive concern to the management I'm sure once Heeps goes to reserve and Morris moves into the top 5. It would be totally wrong and unfair on Morris, doing really well but still should be down at reserve. I wouldn't be surprised with the backward thinking of Peter Adams that Morris would be the one to get the chop after a couple of low scores at 2nd string.

Wouldn't call it backward thinking, would be highly sensible.. harsh, but sensible.

I can't see much happening tbh. They made their bed when they went with Thorssell over Lindgren.

It's a team built to win at home and try and pick up a pt or two away and maybe get lucky and catch a team on an off night. They had the chance at Rye and blew it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Wouldn't call it backward thinking, would be highly sensible.. harsh, but sensible.

I can't see much happening tbh. They made their bed when they went with Thorssell over Lindgren.

It's a team built to win at home and try and pick up a pt or two away and maybe get lucky and catch a team on an off night. They had the chance at Rye and blew it.

No worries BW they'll have another big chance next Wednesday, as Poole try to get their averages down further!:rolleyes:;)

16 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heeps and Howarth are big concerns. Will be a massive concern to the management I'm sure once Heeps goes to reserve and Morris moves into the top 5. It would be totally wrong and unfair on Morris, doing really well but still should be down at reserve. I wouldn't be surprised with the backward thinking of Peter Adams that Morris would be the one to get the chop after a couple of low scores at 2nd string.

Backward thinking Adams ?? Explain your reasoning please...

He's not the most charismatic granted but I don't think he's backward thinking..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Cameron Heeps worst number 3 from a visiting team I’ve seen at Swindon for many years.

The worst ever ?? maybe the fattest ever he is Far to fat to ever be much cop.. Majority of top flight riders take there fitness and health very serious nowadays unfortunately he clearly doesn't

Adams & CVS know that they are coming to the twilight of their custodianship of Wolves. The only thing they're thinking is will they get a return on any investments they might make. Not necessarily the wrong decision from their point of view but may not be ideal for the supporters.

I do hope I'm wrong but this smacks to me of the sort of acceptance of failure that blighted the fallow years. '3 points from 3 away meetings'. I think that is known at election time as expectation management, in this case, very low expectations. I wonder what message it sends to the riders?:(

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/speedway/2018/05/19/track-talk-travel-woes-dont-worry-adams---yet/

More points chucked away, easy to see why.

Never mind, it's encouraging.

With the quality of riders around now away wins are much harder to obtain but Wolves are obviously aiming for a perfect home record and the odd point away to get them into the play offs.

If they are picking up away points by losing by six or less, that's what is required to win in the play offs so I can see where they are aiming for but think Swindon look the team to beat and Poole will be stronger and have a powerful finish so catching them now was a bonus really.

As for Heaps, many have commented about his weight and maybe that is a downfall as many now take pride in their fitness but any replacement would have to be like for like which would mainly be a new 5.00 rider from abroad with Poland over 21 riders and the odd few Scandanavians being the most likely.

Adrian Gala and Daniel Jeleniewski from Poland could be a good gamble plus Jakub Jamrog has certainly improved since his short spell at Coventry. Or could Poole be releasing Sczszpaniak who is better than current scores suggest. 

After last night according to the averages Cameron will drop to reserve from 1st June and Ashley will move up, Cameron should pick up more points there and it will be interesting to see how Ashley gets on

On 5/24/2018 at 1:27 PM, Call me wolfie said:

After last night according to the averages Cameron will drop to reserve from 1st June and Ashley will move up, Cameron should pick up more points there and it will be interesting to see how Ashley gets on

Might make more sense to replace Heeps before his average is lowered.

Not sure he will score many at Reserve either based on his previous showings. Plus, it would be better to keep Morris at Reserve. 

19 minutes ago, Perton Wolf said:

Might make more sense to replace Heeps before his average is lowered.

Not sure he will score many at Reserve either based on his previous showings. Plus, it would be better to keep Morris at Reserve. 

Adams was talking on the radio about how Heeps would do at reserve.

Adams complained about crowd levels. So what do they do? Run the Belle Vue cup 2nd leg on the same night as England v Tunisia hoping that 'it'll be on the TV in the bars' will do. They are forcing fans of Wolves & BV to make a choice. It'll end badly, always has, always will. 

Just for fairness sake King's Lynn are running also.

It's a good job we kept the first leg score close at Belle Vue! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Adams complained about crowd levels. So what do they do? Run the Belle Vue cup 2nd leg on the same night as England v Tunisia hoping that 'it'll be on the TV in the bars' will do. They are forcing fans of Wolves & BV to make a choice. It'll end badly, always has, always will. 

Just for fairness sake King's Lynn are running also.

Not only that, in the past they have taken great delight in 'announcing' the score of important football matches at the meeting... as if folk would not be able to find out if they wanted too.

Net result, anyone thinking of going to the speedway, recording the game and watching it when they got home would just stay at home instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Not only that, in the past they have taken great delight in 'announcing' the score of important football matches at the meeting... as if folk would not be able to find out if they wanted too.

Net result, anyone thinking of going to the speedway, recording the game and watching it when they got home would just stay at home instead.

What a prat putting out the score, if anyone wanted to know how some kick about was going on they would check on their phones or ask someone who was checking.

Edited by A ORLOV