British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

What a prat, if anyone wanted to know how some kick about was going on they would check on their phones or ask someone who was checking.

Think that is what BWitcher is saying:blink:

isnt that exactly witchers point? what he doesnt want is the scores or result announced over the tannoy at the speedway

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think that is what BWitcher is saying:blink:

Just agreeing and confirming the same 

19 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Just agreeing and confirming the same 

Oh,it looked like you was calling BWitcher a prat for his comment.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Oh,it looked like you was calling BWitcher a prat for his comment.

No I was agreeing with BWitcher, have edited the post to make it clearer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Not only that, in the past they have taken great delight in 'announcing' the score of important football matches at the meeting... as if folk would not be able to find out if they wanted too.

Net result, anyone thinking of going to the speedway, recording the game and watching it when they got home would just stay at home instead.

Used to drive me insane. Recorded it to watch when I got home, froze me nuts off standing on the terraces keeping out of the bar and then walking out they announce 'Wolves lost 2-0':mad::rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Adams complained about crowd levels. So what do they do? Run the Belle Vue cup 2nd leg on the same night as England v Tunisia hoping that 'it'll be on the TV in the bars' will do. They are forcing fans of Wolves & BV to make a choice. It'll end badly, always has, always will. 

Just for fairness sake King's Lynn are running also.

I'm not sure what he expects when they let our only GP rider walk in the off season. I had a season ticket for the past 2 seasons but not this year, I know a few who have done the same. How can they expect crowds to stay the same/be higher when prices are the same but the team is worse?

• Like 3

On 6/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Perton Wolf said:

I'm not sure what he expects when they let our only GP rider walk in the off season. I had a season ticket for the past 2 seasons but not this year, I know a few who have done the same. How can they expect crowds to stay the same/be higher when prices are the same but the team is worse?

Don't be silly, you didn't do that. Numerous experts on this forum say leaving top riders out doesn't effect crowds!

Seriously though, it's a shame British speedway (league) has sunk to the levels it has. We should be enjoying a Lindgren/Woffinden era at Wolves now that would have been right up with Ermolenko/Correy/Karlsson/Max/Lindgren (perm the relevant two).

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Don't be silly, you didn't do that. Numerous experts on this forum say leaving top riders out doesn't effect crowds!

Seriously though, it's a shame British speedway (league) has sunk to the levels it has. We should be enjoying a Lindgren/Woffinden era at Wolves now that would have been right up with Ermolenko/Correy/Karlsson/Max/Lindgren (perm the relevant two).

Haha, it's basic business really, if the product gets worse then less people will buy it! 

And yes it is a shame, the decline seems steep too with no uplift in sight. I've not even been to a meeting this season.......been following the results on updates and on here of course and I do miss seeing some sort of racing live but the Premiership just seems to be a slightly better version of the Championship this season. I've enjoyed watching the Swedish Speedway on a Tuesday evening because almost every team has 4-5 really good riders as a minimum while in the UK it's like 1 or 2 maximum for each team and barely any of them are GP standard. 

I'll go to a few meetings in the coming months or so but nowhere near as many if the product on offer was the same level as say 2 seasons ago. Those last few home meeting of the season (including the playoffs) when we had a top 5 of Lindgren, PK, Woffinden, Thorssell and Masters was excellent viewing. 

• Like 1

Interesting comments from Chris Harris on Facebook this morning saying there is no room for him at Wolves or likely to be. He also states he was “stopped by the BSPA from signing for Somerset”.

14 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Interesting comments from Chris Harris on Facebook this morning saying there is no room for him at Wolves or likely to be. He also states he was “stopped by the BSPA from signing for Somerset”.

As I have also contributed on the Somerset page, this smacks of the Management Committee trying to decide which of their buddies should be strengthened instead of the Rebels by refusing to approve what should be a straightforward signing of an unattached rider by an upstart little club wishing to (a) replace an overseas rider with an out-of-work Brit, and (b) continue to upset the 'old pals' mafia by continuing to outwit and outscore the 'establishment elite'

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Uluru said:

As I have also contributed on the Somerset page, this smacks of the Management Committee trying to decide which of their buddies should be strengthened instead of the Rebels by refusing to approve what should be a straightforward signing of an unattached rider by an upstart little club wishing to (a) replace an overseas rider with an out-of-work Brit, and (b) continue to upset the 'old pals' mafia by continuing to outwit and outscore the 'establishment elite'

Don't upset our Humpy on this thread as well;):D

18 minutes ago, Uluru said:

Could it have been that nothing could be agreed until the RH situation was finalised ??

Maybe Harris was trying to jump ship too early although I could understand his situation if he wasnt getting paid by Rye. Be interesting to see what they are/were owed and when (if at all) they were ever paid. Doubt we will  ever get such info in the short or long term. There is also the question of what kind of GSA both Harris and Nicholl's will get after all the results were cancelled out. None of us know that answer either as on their current actual RH GSA's both will find it difficult to get into any Prem side.

26 minutes ago, Uluru said:

Perhaps Bomber should have a word with Scott Nicholls solicitors re being deprived of making a living !

• Like 1