British Speedway Forum

After last night we might as well see if Bacon wants the gig once Nathan has recovered, at least he was putting in some effort. As others have said the horse has bolted, the 'we're waiting to see how the removal of the Rye House scores affects the averages' comment was a load of gollox to keep the easily pleased happy.

As much as we laugh at Ford for chopping, changing and showing bugger all loyalty, at least he's trying to do more than win home matches & scrape into the playoffs.

After doing a great job the last couple of years CVS has resorted to type, 'do sod all, the season will soon be over'.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Perton Wolf said:

Adams said a few weeks ago that they certainly aren't sitting around and twiddling their thumbs at the idea of making changes. Yet, nothing has changed. 

The team was never good enough from the start, it was clearly built to just win home meetings. The fact they are surprised that it's failed to win away all season really is a bit odd.

I tend to disagree that the team on paper looked a top 4 team and whilst we have very little to show from our away performances we have in the vast majority of meetings stormed into a pretty strong lead before capitulating in the 2nd half.

That to me shows capabilities of winning away but then either failing to react to track changes or conditions to lose that promising start to meetings.

I believed all along we were a top 4 looking side but Heeps has been the biggest let down whilst Schlein has perhaps been the biggest surprise. 

Whilst it would be wrong on someone like Howarth to get the push if there was a chance to bring someone like Piotr Pawlicki in his place and maybe Bacon for Heeps I’ve no idea if that would work points wise, it would be silly to not make that move now.

• Like 1

On 31 July 2018 at 10:06 PM, stevebrum said:

Whilst it would be wrong on someone like Howarth to get the push if there was a chance to bring someone like Piotr Pawlicki in his place and maybe Bacon for Heeps I’ve no idea if that would work points wise, it would be silly to not make that move now.

Pawlicki on 8.00 and a 2.00 rider would be under the limit and while he has had a mixed season, maybe some extra meetings may help him get back on form but you also have the likes of Kenneth Bjerre or Peter Kildemand more likely and can win races away which has been a problem for Wolves on away tracks. 

Heeps has has been the big let down as he came in as a five plus rider that needed to be pushing six to seven but is struggling to maintain a four average and his recent high scores were mainly gained by beating weak reserves 

To make the play offs Wolves need to really win two of their remaining away meetings especially when you see Belle Vue still have to go to Leicester and a win there would put Wolves down to sixth place in a league of just seven

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Pawlicki on 8.00 and a 2.00 rider would be under the limit and while he has had a mixed season, maybe some extra meetings may help him get back on form but you also have the likes of Kenneth Bjerre or Peter Kildemand more likely and can win races away which has been a problem for Wolves on away tracks. 

Heeps has has been the big let down as he came in as a five plus rider that needed to be pushing six to seven but is struggling to maintain a four average and his recent high scores were mainly gained by beating weak reserves 

To make the play offs Wolves need to really win two of their remaining away meetings especially when you see Belle Vue still have to go to Leicester and a win there would put Wolves down to sixth place in a league of just seven

With wolves being over the points limit it's like for like changes only 

38 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

I was under the impression you could make up to 2 changes without redeclaring and what you do with their averages is up to you. Similar to what we did last year dropping Clegg and Skornicki and bringing in Riss and Schlein

21 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I was under the impression you could make up to 2 changes without redeclaring and what you do with their averages is up to you. Similar to what we did last year dropping Clegg and Skornicki and bringing in Riss and Schlein

You made them changes last year before your first set of averages which was ok to do.

2 hours ago, mark.1 said:

This change would put them under 42.5 so can happen if riders available 

13 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

This change would put them under 42.5 so can happen if riders available 

Like I said you are over the points limit and it's like for like changes until you drop below the 42.50 limit so forget your pawlicki idea 

11 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Like I said you are over the points limit and it's like for like changes until you drop below the 42.50 limit so forget your pawlicki idea 

Like I said, even if it was Pawlicki the team would be under the limit so within the rules

not saying it would be Pawlicki but 

8.54 Schlein,  8.13 Masters, 8.00 Pawlicki, 7.87 Thorssell, 4.37 Morris,  3.30 Greaves, 2.00 Clegg - Total 42.21 

using Bjerre 7.54 or Kildemand 7.10 would make that total even lower

Edited by INCOGNITO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Like I said, even if it was Pawlicki the team would be under the limit so within the rules

8.54 Schlein,  8.13 Masters, 8.00 Pawlicki, 7.87 Thorssell, 4.37 Morris,  3.30 Greaves, 2.00 Clegg - Total 42.21 

Plus if you use the examples of Woryna, Kildemand, and Szczepaniak they all came in on old averages so Pawlicki would be 7.32.

even better.

21 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Oh look it's a like for like new signing for the wolves LOL LOL 

Glad to see they've trawled Europe for Heeps's replacement.

Now remind me again, who is co-promoter at Redcar?

At least we can book the holidays for mid-september & october and be safe in the knowledge we won't miss anything.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Oh look it's a like for like new signing for the wolves LOL LOL 

Why would it not be? They are staying loyal to the other riders. Good for Wolves.

• Haha 1