British Speedway Forum

A shame.

Maybe we'll know the FULL line up prior to the meet?

I wonder if Woffy will still be available to make an appearance?!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I wonder if Woffy will still be available to make an appearance?!

He may even be fit to ride ;)

18 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

A shame.

Maybe we'll know the FULL line up prior to the meet?

It would be helpful... Luke Becker was listed as well as those named previously in the thread.

• Like 1

LINE-UP: Ricky Wells, Ashley Morris, Steve Worrall, Sam Masters, Nicolai Klindt, Paul Starke, Kyle Howarth, Jason Garrity, Chris Harris, Seb Niedzwiedz, Nick Morris, Richard Lawson. Reserve: Drew Kemp.

An utter disgrace of a line-up put out by Wolverhampton Speedway.

Only 12 riders? Absolute p*** take.

There is simply no excuse. Why is Drew Kemp 'reserve'? Get him in the line up. Even if you filled the other three with decentish NL riders who I'm sure would love a chance to ride it would at least give 16 riders and allow 20 heats with the handicap format.

Instead it's simply more cost cutting, more ripping off fans and the net result will only be, yet more fans giving it a miss... for good.

• Like 2

Totally agree with your last 9 words except the last one which should be tonight instead of good. I'l be back next year but I'm not paying to watch that line up in the cold. 

I agree completely, there are no other meetings this evening in the UK so surely there must be 4 other riders available.

• Like 1

Is it the formula Newport used to use on the New Year Bank Holiday meetings?

Any chance of a prompt 7:30pm start tonight and getting all done and dusted for 9:00pm.

Although I fear the gap between the end of Ht:15 and the Grand Final finishing could be a drag out!

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

An utter disgrace of a line-up put out by Wolverhampton Speedway.

Only 12 riders? Absolute p*** take.

There is simply no excuse. Why is Drew Kemp 'reserve'? Get him in the line up. Even if you filled the other three with decentish NL riders who I'm sure would love a chance to ride it would at least give 16 riders and allow 20 heats with the handicap format.

Instead it's simply more cost cutting, more ripping off fans and the net result will only be, yet more fans giving it a miss... for good.

Individual meetings are a thing of the past.

Pride of the East at King's Lynn has been gone for years. Ipswich 16 Lapper dropped this year. Ben Fund cancelled due to lack of rider's.

These meetings have had their day and most established rider's just ain't interested 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Individual meetings are a thing of the past.

Pride of the East at King's Lynn has been gone for years. Ipswich 16 Lapper dropped this year. Ben Fund cancelled due to lack of rider's.

These meetings have had their day and most established rider's just ain't interested 

Established riders are irrelevant in respect to this meeting. There is zero excuse for not tracking the 16 riders. Drew Kemp has been named 'meeting reserve'. Why? Get him in the line up, I am sure he would rather race that sit around all night. Add in three other NL riders of a decent standard.

It's a handicap meeting so it makes it interesting anyway.

Unlike most individual meetings attendances for the Olympique have generally held up quite well even with the lowering of the standard. This takes it to a new low though.

• Like 1

Well done Bomber - very nice 3-trophy haul at the end of the season!:cheers:

Last night woffinden launched his new candle range, maybe he could light one at the funeral of british speedway