British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Maybe some but I don’t think he made a noticeable difference to the crowd , it was on par with a league meeting 

Which says to me Tai’s ‘Meet and greet’ probably trebled the attendance for this meeting. 

32 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Which says to me Tai’s ‘Meet and greet’ probably trebled the attendance for this meeting. 

Imagine if he actually could be bothered about british speedway and actually rode in the meeting , could of been a record attendance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Imagine if he actually could be bothered about british speedway and actually rode in the meeting , could of been a record attendance 

He's above that these days..... 

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

He's above that these days..... 

Ditto nearly all the top boys.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Ditto nearly all the top boys.

But none of them are British.... 

On 24 October 2018 at 9:45 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

At least half the crowd was there because of Tai being there and fair play to him still being there talking to fans over an hour after the final race. One of the best crowds of the season by all accounts and for a poor line up its a good job he was there as the crowd could have been in three figures. 

6 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

At least half the crowd was there because of Tai being there and fair play to him still being there talking to fans over an hour after the final race. One of the best crowds of the season by all accounts and for a poor line up its a good job he was there as the crowd could have been in three figures. 

As I said earlier if he could only be bothered about british speedway and actually do what we pay to watch him do think what the crowd could of been

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As I said earlier if he could only be bothered about british speedway and actually do what we pay to watch him do think what the crowd could of been

You didn't pay to watch him.

19 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You didn't pay to watch him.

I want to watch him race and hopefully get beat and I do pay to watch when I’m not mechanicing, I was helping the pole on Monday ,I don’t like woffinden in the same way I don’t like Cradley but I still would like them to get back to the Cradley that they were 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I want to watch him race and hopefully get beat and I do pay to watch when I’m not mechanicing, I was helping the pole on Monday ,I don’t like woffinden in the same way I don’t like Cradley but I still would like them to get back to the Cradley that they were 

I meant nobody paid to watch him ride on Monday. 

As for Cradley, completely agree.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Trees said:

But none of them are British.... 

So????

Tai and the top boys owe British Speedway nothing. 

So you want Tai to ride in the UK and earn less money  than he can make abroad??

its the system here that’s messed up, not Tai or any of the top boys.

The BSPA are happy to alienate Tai (making the then British champ and World champion ride in a British semi final) and they will do exactly the same to Robert.

They don’t make it easier for them to ride here, so don’t expect Tai to come rushing back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I didn't think you would post this. You know the difference between the level this meeting was and what Tai does during the season. He has done his season, worked hard and come out of it fully fit and with the title. Why would he race in a meeting for about £50 a race. He would have earnt more selling his candles and to see how many people he stopped to talk to, have picture taken and spend time I think many were very happy he was in n the sidelines instead

10 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

I didn't think you would post this. You know the difference between the level this meeting was and what Tai does during the season. He has done his season, worked hard and come out of it fully fit and with the title. Why would he race in a meeting for about £50 a race. He would have earnt more selling his candles and to see how many people he stopped to talk to, have picture taken and spend time I think many were very happy he was in n the sidelines instead

His candles were the only reason he was there, if everyone’s happy with the way he treats british speedway then fine but there is more to being a rider than money 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

His candles were the only reason he was there, if everyone’s happy with the way he treats british speedway then fine but there is more to being a rider than money 

Yep. You can't tell me that he can't afford to help Adams out with shipping a bike over and riding. He's a wealthy young man.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep. You can't tell me that he can't afford to help Adams out with shipping a bike over and riding. He's a wealthy young man.

He had a bike there on monday