British Speedway Forum

As CVS was unable to attend the AGM I wonder if he has a case to propose the '8 & over' rule be relaxed for all SGBP clubs?? I'm sure he'd now get support from say 5 clubs?!

It was only Premiership clubs that voted on it and 4 voted for it and three against it with Aces unable to vote

It was only Premiership clubs that voted on it and 4 voted for it and three against it with Aces unable to vote

Why were they unable to vote?

You would think that as it was Poole who proposed it and they will be the main benefactors of it

No no no.

We have to keep British Speedway going.

British Speedway wants to provide good close racing and not one sided meetings.

Also some clubs aren't blessed with funds so it's good to cut costs up and down the country in order to make sure those teams aren't running at a loss.

Therefore 1 rider over 8.00 on each team is a very fair ruling imo (Cost cutting and should ensure closer meetings)

Why were they unable to vote?

New promotion so unable to vote even though Mark Lemon was there

Poole voted against it with Wolves and Swindon

• Like 1

You know that Col is always going to say something negative about every Wolves team. Once a spoon.....

Nope. Just honest. I was correct about your pre-season announced line-up last year. It was terrible, mostly due to Skornicki. Luckily despite "Adam being a Wolves legend" & "Adam wears his heart on his sleeve" claims by the forum mob, your management were savvy enough to realise their mistake early.

Nope. Just honest. I was correct about your pre-season announced line-up last year. It was terrible, mostly due to Skornicki. Luckily despite "Adam being a Wolves legend" & "Adam wears his heart on his sleeve" claims by the forum mob, your management were savvy enough to realise their mistake early.

Apparently Schlien was meant to sign at thestart of the year but due to the BV situation was not allowed to be signed until they had their team. Then Coventry didn't run and Bjerre who had signed for the bees given the nod so Schlien was left out at the start.

CVS seems to be really upset by the Freddie/Jacob situation. I hope his concerns have been felt by the rest of the league. I wouldn't be against any decision. Will support whoever is given the nod.

I would be, CVS has stuck with Jacob from the start, he's turned into a really good rider, Freddie belongs at Wolves, they should be racing for Wolves, this rule needs to be overruled ........ if promoters think there are riders out there that are on stupidly low averages, then reassess them ..... as they have done with the GP boys, we want clubs to start on levelish playing fields.

No no no.

We have to keep British Speedway going.

British Speedway wants to provide good close racing and not one sided meetings.

Also some clubs aren't blessed with funds so it's good to cut costs up and down the country in order to make sure those teams aren't running at a loss.

Therefore 1 rider over 8.00 on each team is a very fair ruling imo (Cost cutting and should ensure closer meetings)

Just think this rule could affect Poole big time this year if they sign Holder.Both he and Kurtz might not ride to their full potential to keep their averages under 8 just in case the rule is still in force next year.If they both go over 8 a team place could be hard to find the following season for one of them which could affect some meeting results over the season.

If you want to see riders under perform with one eye on his average and not going all out to win a race / Meeting then the 1 over 8 is

a great rule.If you want them to go flat out and win a race /meeting for their team then it is a crap rule.

I would be, CVS has stuck with Jacob from the start, he's turned into a really good rider, Freddie belongs at Wolves, they should be racing for Wolves, this rule needs to be overruled ........ if promoters think there are riders out there that are on stupidly low averages, then reassess them ..... as they have done with the GP boys, we want clubs to start on levelish playing fields.

The same at Swindon, of course, who have stuck with Morris for years and had to choose betwen him and Doyle - both Swindon assets.

It's not just about team strength. The points limit sets a team strength. This was, I believe, an attempt to get Grand Prix riders out of the league.

Thorsell, in particular, could be a victim here. If Wolves sign Lindgren, will one of the other clubs sign Thorsell as a number one? And he is ruled out of the Second Division now, too.

It's not quite so bad with Doyle, I guess, who, even if he doesn't get a UK team place, will be ok as World Champion. This was not a vote for the good of the clubs without 8 point riders - it was, it seems, brought in to bring other clubs down. How can that be a good thing? All it is doing is making supporters of Belle Vue, Swindon and Wolves fed up with part of the sport.

The clubs in the league should not be voting for the rules because they are all voting for themselves. The rules should be set in stone from an independent source.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 5

Only worry going with Jacob over Freddie is his away form.

His form at Monmore was brilliant at all times last season even though he was riding at 3 or 4 majority of it.

As a number 1 added with his previous away form I wouldn't be entirely comfortable going into the season, and that is not accounting for him coming back from a serious injury either.

Only worry going with Jacob over Freddie is his away form.

His form at Monmore was brilliant at all times last season even though he was riding at 3 or 4 majority of it.

As a number 1 added with his previous away form I wouldn't be entirely comfortable going into the season, and that is not accounting for him coming back from a serious injury either.

Jacob's form away was much improved this year, with an average of 7.55 (8.19 with BP). A point lower than Fred.

The main difference of course was that it was from the supposed easier position of no4.

A lot has been made of Jacob struggling away over the recent years but that's not the case in 2017.

Both he and Freddie could be considered a risk coming back from season ending serious injuries.

The advantage of going with Freddie would be if he was struggling with his injury we could replace him with Jacob due to his lower average but not vice versa (assuming of course Jacob didn't sign for anyone else)

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

Freddie appeared to hint that without the Tv money , he would not be affordable to Wolves.

So probably Jacob then

Freddie appeared to hint that without the Tv money , he would not be affordable to Wolves.

So probably Jacob then

Possibly, my understanding is that we have one more signing to announce this week then we can't do anything else until the number 1 position is filled, so the longer the tv deal drags on for, the more likely it is we will choose Jacob I would have thought

maybe fred will start the season off untill the swedish season starts (is that early may,not sure) then jacob could take over that would work for both riders would give jacob a little longer recovery period and fred a bit of racing fitness before the gp starts.