British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, T.N.T. said:

Poole do look like they have the advantage early on with some modest averages and potential in the team they have built but it looks quite tight behind these.

Kings Lynn and Somerset are both going to rely on bug hitters at 1 in Iversen and Doyle but not a great deal after that in terms of heat winners. 

Looking at the Predictions Wolves have been written off by many but they have a great top four and the perfect team manager to get the best out of the rest and surrise a few again and may be another play off final 

I can see those NKI and JD-branded fly swatters going down a storm!!:D

20 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The problem with the top 2 teams from last season (Swindon and Wolves) is that they look weak at reserve this season.  Only time will tell if the teams that start the season are the ones to finish it.

I think Zach W will surprise Steve i think at home he will score really well hopefully the confidence will transfer to scoring more away points.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Zach W will surprise Steve i think at home he will score really well hopefully the confidence will transfer to scoring more away points.

I also think that Zach has great potential and could make significant strides this year. I hope he does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtommo said:

i worry about Nathan only having one team and not getting enough meetings 

Suspect it won't be too long before that changes.

• Like 2

Think if can get a ride in the championship, he could well do better than he did last season. The more meetings he had last year the better he did........

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think if can get a ride in the championship, he could well do better than he did last season. The more meetings he had last year the better he did........

Would be a travesty if Nathan didnt get a Championship place. He was fantastic at Ipswich in 2017

Plenty more improvement in him I think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would be a travesty if Nathan didnt get a Championship place. He was fantastic at Ipswich in 2017

Having watched him regular over the last 3 seasons I would have said he was never go to make it out of the NL standard level. 

Glad to be proved wrong and yes I agree.  He needs a Championship team however to boost his chances and confidence. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

what he said

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 10:00 AM, Aces51 said:

I also think that Zach has great potential and could make significant strides this year. I hope he does.

totally agree, a great little rider and another brit.

Have no worries about Nathan as many forget that the lad is only just hitting 20 as he seems to have been around a while already and while having a Championship team can help, he has no real pressure being the number seven on such a low average so two points a meeting is his job and he can do that.

Ashley Morris however is a bit older and not really progressed much in the sport. He has had some big performances for and against Wolves but as the main reserve and the higher quality in some other teams, he could have too much on his plate here.

8 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Have no worries about Nathan as many forget that the lad is only just hitting 20 as he seems to have been around a while already and while having a Championship team can help, he has no real pressure being the number seven on such a low average so two points a meeting is his job and he can do that.

Ashley Morris however is a bit older and not really progressed much in the sport. He has had some big performances for and against Wolves but as the main reserve and the higher quality in some other teams, he could have too much on his plate here.

Two points a meeting in the Premiership isn't going to cover his costs I would have thought.  He needs to ride at the lower level for his confidence and earning potential to afford to ride in the Premiership I'd have thought.

• Like 1

On 16 February 2018 at 6:29 AM, Steve0 said:

Two points a meeting in the Premiership isn't going to cover his costs I would have thought.  He needs to ride at the lower level for his confidence and earning potential to afford to ride in the Premiership I'd have thought.

Not saying two points will cover his costs but he is a low ranked rider and isn't expected to score much but I think he will improve this season and may even out score Morris who on a 3.5 average is more of a gamble than Nathan

Why so pessimistic about Ash? He's got potential to improve. He can gate and has good equpiment. 

Edited by superguest