British Speedway Forum

On 20 July 2018 at 9:49 PM, Pirates Of Poole said:

7.03 Tai’s average.

ALL current or recent GP riders are at 8.00 minimum as in Martin Vaculik when he came to Leicester. Chris Holder was the only one to be under eight as he rode here in 2017 but next year should start on 8.00 as he isn't riding here this year. 

As for Woffy starting Monday, it would have made the biggest impact if announced at Cardiff by the man himself. Wolves face Belle Vue on Monday and their is a rivalry  between the two sides and Tai has previous in winding up the Aces fans. They often bring a few down from Manchester and had he been bought in for this one it would have been great publicity for British Speedway. 

The he crowd level would have been the biggest of the season as all clubs are down on attendance and at a guess this would have added another 500 on the figure which would have covered the increase in wages. In my opinion even though it would have been tough on Thorssell being dropped, it would have been a no brained and good for all concerned (Jacob apart)

However as nothing has been released at the big event I can't see them now coming out with it and think Tai will more than likely be getting his farm and chickens in order over the coming days rather than sorting out the team and Wolfpack on Monday.

maybe when new averages come out soon it may change, but this was a golden opportunity to do the deal and announce it at the showcase event. 

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

What has an unfounded rumour about riders no being paid got to do with the thread and why is it funny?

Riders are paid .....

but the rent still due

20 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I've no idea what 'but the rent still due' has to do with the thread either (one of the obnoxious and self important forum wardens will be round soon, lol!), but since we moved to the new stadium the speedway club has always paid the rent.

Only answered your post with a bit of a quip.

as for always paid rent, don't think so and the opening promotion left under the cloud of owing rent big time

• Like 1

As has been said many times since Poole signed their Polish ringers any rider who has missed a whole season here should have their averages assessed on an annual basis to bring it in line with what they achieve in other leagues.

That said if Wolves or anyone else want to sign Woffinden on a seven point whatever they should be able to just as others have done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

As has been said many times since Poole signed their Polish ringers any rider who has missed a whole season here should have their averages assessed on an annual basis to bring it in line with what they achieve in other leagues.

That said if Wolves or anyone else want to sign Woffinden on a seven point whatever they should be able to just as others have done.

No very good ringers though are they :party:

The rumours were half true. Woffinden joins Indianerna in Sweden:P

Edited by Wolfsbane

Nathan Greaves has been injured tonight at Glasgow. Left on a spinal board, all the best to Nathan, great little rider.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Lets hope its all just precaution and no serious issue is actually there :(

All the best Nathan - the thoughts of the Massif are with you :t:

• Like 6

Good news - at least as good as could be expected considering!

• Like 1

Surely now it’s time to make changes?? Dropping out the top 4 and still getting very little away is now costing us.

Obviously it’s going to depend on who is available and wants to come but I seriously hope the management are now looking.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Surely now it’s time to make changes?? Dropping out the top 4 and still getting very little away is now costing us.

Obviously it’s going to depend on who is available and wants to come but I seriously hope the management are now looking.

Adams said a few weeks ago that they certainly aren't sitting around and twiddling their thumbs at the idea of making changes. Yet, nothing has changed. 

The team was never good enough from the start, it was clearly built to just win home meetings. The fact they are surprised that it's failed to win away all season really is a bit odd.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Hard to see what we can do.

We seem to have missed the boat again.

Not much room for manoeuvre - can't see any of the top 3 being dropped although Jacob's form has been in and out and Rory seems to have hit a lull in scoring - quite worrying as he looks likely to be number one in the new averages.

Would be tough on Howarth but he might have to be dropped with Heeps to allow for some scope.

20 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

How heeps has lasted this long is beyond me. 

Cos they are making a fortune at the burger van, 

Edited by Baldyman

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

How heeps has lasted this long is beyond me. 

We really should have got rid of him a month ago. Trouble is he dropped to reserve and I guess they thought he may score decent points there. It really hasn't worked for him but the trouble is his average is so low now that our only hope is he suddenly finds his form again.