British Speedway Forum

When he was learning his trade with the Colts he took a tumble late one wet and freezing evening. I ran over to pick him out of the fence and whilst checking he was ok for his next ride I offered him a good deal on a candle. He told me to do one, the rest is history. 

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

He had a bike there on Monday

:blink: FFS

34 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

His candles were the only reason he was there, if everyone’s happy with the way he treats british speedway then fine but there is more to being a rider than money 

27 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep. You can't tell me that he can't afford to help Adams out with shipping a bike over and riding. He's a wealthy young man.

25 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

He had a bike there on monday

The bike he had there on Monday was a dummy bike that was knitted out with his bike covers. His season has finished and while money isn't everything why should he ride in a meeting for a few hundred quid when he was there to meet the fans after making history as the first three time World Champion from Britain. 

Riding was was never in consideration and let's face it, it's not exactly a line up to test him or even riders like Fricke, Lambert, Iversen and Doyle who have full bike set ups here but it's not questioned why they were not riding. Yes merchandise sales were part of it but to knock him for turning up and putting a smile on many faces that night is surprising anyone would even question it. 

At least he did his bit by doubling the gate and never had a holiday booked

• Like 6

11 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

The bike he had there on Monday was a dummy bike that was knitted out with his bike covers. His season has finished and while money isn't everything why should he ride in a meeting for a few hundred quid when he was there to meet the fans after making history as the first three time World Champion from Britain. 

Riding was was never in consideration and let's face it, it's not exactly a line up to test him or even riders like Fricke, Lambert, Iversen and Doyle who have full bike set ups here but it's not questioned why they were not riding. Yes merchandise sales were part of it but to knock him for turning up and putting a smile on many faces that night is surprising anyone would even question it. 

At least he did his bit by doubling the gate and never had a holiday booked

Thats a novel way of keeping the bike warmed up!!

19 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

The bike he had there on Monday was a dummy bike that was knitted out with his bike covers.

That bike on Monday was not a dummy bike , woffy has distinctive parts on his bikes and they were all there, I would of lent him a bike and mechanic if getting equipment there was an issue and it wasn’t a couple of hundred £ either 

On 10/26/2018 at 11:18 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

His candles were the only reason he was there, if everyone’s happy with the way he treats british speedway then fine but there is more to being a rider than money 

And the way British Speedway has treated a British multi World Champion? Despicable.

Dont blame Tai one bit.

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And the way British Speedway has treated a British multi World Champion? Despicable.

Dont blame Tai one bit.

you should apply to be his press officer if the job becomes available :t:

7 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

you should apply to be his press officer if the job becomes available :t:

More than happy to add that to my Press reporting CV.

However I think he and those involved are doing an excellent job promoting Speedway in the UK, something the Promoting body could learn a lot from.

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

I've just tried to give you an endorsement on LinkedIn for your 'press reporting' expertise but I can't find your 'CV' for some reason? 

Shome mishtake, shurely?

Birmingham Mail, Sutton Observer weekly columns.

• Like 3