British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eagles V Kings - Play Off Semi Finals Part 2 07/10/2017

Always good to get the excuses out early I spose

We don't have any guests in the main team do we?

Sorry, meant 1-7 as opposed to main body of the team. If we do make it through then it'll almost certainly be Belle Vue, Lakeside are getting a right kicking.

If Eastbourne win tonight they will simply be making numbers up in both finals. I cannot see them getting less than a 24 point deficit at the NSS and no chance of making that up against the full strength Colts. Bewlay and Smith have rarely ridden away in the NL this season but you can bet they will in the finals.

Kent have the best chance of giving them some sort of challenge having held them including their top two to 16 points earlier in the season. This is no doubt down to Central Park being a lot more like the NSS than Arlington is. On the negative side the Colts will be more at home at CP.

Tonight will be all about local bragging rights and who will be runners up. The finals will be very damp squibs.

As I have not yet had the chance to see exactly what went on at Belle Vue, I don't know why the Hammers got beaten so heavily.

I would have expected better, so I suspect there were problems. Whoever makes the Final will have the hardest battle of the season,

but both Eastbourne and Kent are not out of it. When either side present their full 7, they are a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1

As I have not yet had the chance to see exactly what went on at Belle Vue, I don't know why the Hammers got beaten so heavily.

I would have expected better, so I suspect there were problems. Whoever makes the Final will have the hardest battle of the season,

but both Eastbourne and Kent are not out of it. When either side present their full 7, they are a force to be reckoned with.

You mean have a useful reserve like Hunter, Rowe, Kemp or Edwards haha!

Kent were dead after 3 races tbh, bowen decked it when clear , hopwoods tape exclusin and that was that.

Eastbourne were very solid, track was smooth and fast.

Hopwood was great for kent, wood and brennan awesome for eastie.

Hope bowens ok after an identical ht 11 fall as ht 1

Salient proof tonight that speedway meetings arent won on facebook and at times expectation doesnt achieve anything but pile pressure on riders

Kent were dead after 3 races tbh, bowen decked it when clear , hopwoods tape exclusin and that was that.

Eastbourne were very solid, track was smooth and fast.

Hopwood was great for kent, wood and brennan awesome for eastie.

Hope bowens ok after an identical ht 11 fall as ht 1

Salient proof tonight that speedway meetings arent won on facebook and at times expectation doesnt achieve anything but pile pressure on riders

Congratulations to the Eagles, through to the final in emphatic style. Was there mention tonight Ruckeroo about potential staging dates for the Eagles home leg?

Congratulations to the Eagles, through to the final in emphatic style. Was there mention tonight Ruckeroo about potential staging dates for the Eagles home leg?

yeah next saturday is the provisional date....

yeah next saturday is the provisional date....

Thanks Al3x200, making hotel/travel plans, not been to Arlington since the 2005 KOC Final, Pedersen v Crump etc. Hopefully the weather behaves & we get some great speedway.

Oct 14 confirmed for play off final at Arlington, 7.30pm, On Eastbourne website

• Like 1

Great response from the eagles they pummelled Kent from the get go. What on earth happened to Luke Bowen I know his previous history with finals isnt great but to score 3 points and couldnt get his team together would appear the pressure he piled on himself on Facebook got too him. Best team won.

Well I wasn't expecting that! Everyone rode well together, and with Jake back if we ride like that and BV still win convincingly well just confirms the best team. A special mention must go to the track staff, the track was brilliant all night, plenty of racing lines and plenty of dirt, hope the weather plays ball next Saturday so it can be the same.

A poor meeting for the neutrals last night. Bowen's crash in heat one set the tone for the rest of the match. The eagles were up for it and the kings seemed flat. A total contrast to the league match at Arlington a few weeks ago.

I dont think you can argue that, I wasn't their but from sounds of it track was very well prepared. So perfect for our riders and even if Bowen had been scoring well it wouldn't have made much difference by the looks of things.

At least it was decided the right way, and no one can deny the best team over the 2 legs won. Pretty sure it is our biggest ever defeat in a match we hoped to win!! Ample revenge for breaking the 70 odd meeting unbeaten home streak...