British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eagles V Kings - Play Off Semi Finals Part 2 07/10/2017

At least it was decided the right way, and no one can deny the best team over the 2 legs won. Pretty sure it is our biggest ever defeat in a match we hoped to win!! Ample revenge for breaking the 70 odd meeting unbeaten home streak...

It makes you wonder how Eastbourne managed to lose the home meeting only a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Islander15

No wood - 18pts this time

Knight scored 4 - RR = 8+2

Powell 2 - 7+3

Hunter 9+2 - 0

Oh and the big one their captain marvel, spent more time on the floor than on his bike.

Talking to the Dugards last time Rain was forecast so they couldnt prepare a grippy track, no rain this week so the track was ripped up deep - look at their personal twitters. I think they knew the Kent boys wouldnt ride a grippy track and it worked clearly..

No wood - 18pts this time

Knight scored 4 - RR = 8+2

Powell 2 - 7+3

Hunter 9+2 - 0

Oh and the big one their captain marvel, spent more time on the floor than on his bike.

Talking to the Dugards last time Rain was forecast so they couldnt prepare a grippy track, no rain this week so the track was ripped up deep - look at their personal twitters. I think they knew the Kent boys wouldnt ride a grippy track and it worked clearly..

Same track for Saturday please, hopefully unsettle BV a bit with a grippy track and our tight bends. Edited by gazzac

Don't think you ll unsettle Bewley even if he has to ride the car park.

• Like 1

Yeah Bewley wont but you can unsettle the rest of their team and you cant win a meeting with one or two riders.

• Like 1

Not sure but has Bewley ever riden at Arlington? Don't remember seeing him ride. Even someone of his calibre could find the tight turns tricky, only rider in this league who mastered it straight away was JPB , and he's been terrific to watch on every visit, hopefully Bewley doesn't master it as quickly as he did.

Edited by gazzac

JPB still took a couple of rides to get it first time he came, and even then didn't master it first time. And Bewley did ride lakeside earlier this year in league meeting and if I remember rightly didn't score that big a score.

Jack Smith is not a great rider at Eastbourne, he is very hit and miss but maybe he has got better this year with all the involvment of the other leagues, I have a feeling Bewley will have a good meeting but not a great score he might drop a point :party:.

Woodhall might shine but depends on who the Eastbourne reserves are for that meeting.

Bickley has not set the place alight but can prove us wrong, i went to kent and his performance was not gret there either.

so i think a big home win will set us on our way.

Smithy was pretty positive & honest at the post match conference last Friday, said that he fancied another go at the Arlington track, as he hadn't always gone too well round there with Birmingham last year, wants to try & put that right.

Think it'll be a big home win for both legs, it'll come down who's up for the challenge on the away leg. Although with their big home wins this season BV would seem the favorites, if Eastie can get a healthy lead at home and fight for everything from word go away, it's no way a done deal. If either do a ' Kent/Lakeside ', especially Eastie in the second leg and have three 5/1's against in the first three heat's, game over.