British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Melbourne Gp Saturday 28th October 2017

Makes an absolute mockery of the whole circus, irrespective of who the rider is

HE'S just a reserve ...what's the harm in that. And, yes, BSI do care.

I dont know Davy Watts or what he has done in his speedway career, and I suppose there is no harm in him being meeting reserve.

But I do think that having a youngster in that spot (maybe Morris/Kurtz) would be an opportunity to let them soak up the atmosphere of a home GP from the pit perspective - after all, they are likely to be there one day whilst the likes of a Davy Watt is not.

And any case, if Austrailian speedway wanted to celebrat his riding career then shouldnt that be done at an Australian level and not a world level.

Just my opinions.

• Like 3

I dont know Davy Watts or what he has done in his speedway career, and I suppose there is no harm in him being meeting reserve.

But I do think that having a youngster in that spot (maybe Morris/Kurtz) would be an opportunity to let them soak up the atmosphere of a home GP from the pit perspective - after all, they are likely to be there one day whilst the likes of a Davy Watt is not.

And any case, if Austrailian speedway wanted to celebrat his riding career then shouldnt that be done at an Australian level and not a world level.

Just my opinions.

Watt qualified , the rest didnt, end of.

Junior

• Like 1

Makes an absolute mockery of the whole circus, irrespective of who the rider is

Yeah imagine saying that the wild card spot and reserve berths would be based on performance in the national champs, and then actually doing just that. What a mockery!
  • Like 1

Davy Watt's only a reserve, there's a good chance he won't even get a ride

Yeah imagine saying that the wild card spot and reserve berths would be based on performance in the national champs, and then actually doing just that. What a mockery!

Unfortunately, the comment I responded to - and I'm sure you'll agree -

"IT is also Watt's farewell meeting and the Aussies felt he deserved the chance to make his exit at the Etihad."

gave no mention of qualification, just the impression that he'd been given the slot as his farewell

So, does ANYBODY know for a fact ....

1) he qualified from a meeting where it was declared that a rider would get first reserve at the Aussie 2017 GP

or

2) he qualified by virtue of retiring and the Aussies thought it would be "nice" to make Aussie GP 2017 his final meeting.

• Like 1

It's the first one. Unless anyone thinks it's a coincidence that Masters won and got the wildcard, Sedgemen came 2nd sand got first reserve slot and Watt came 3rd and was given the 2nd reserve slot?

Unfortunately, the comment I responded to - and I'm sure you'll agree -

"IT is also Watt's farewell meeting and the Aussies felt he deserved the chance to make his exit at the Etihad."

gave no mention of qualification, just the impression that he'd been given the slot as his farewell

So basically you had no idea on the facts and decided it was an opportunity to have another dig at the GP series...

Meaningless fixture - pointless travelling t'other side of globe for it

Just to see Tai Woffinden do a lap of honour?

Oh, and Jason Doyle too?

A World Final in Australia would be something worthwhile

Meaningless? Seeing who gets crowned world champ, who finishes on the rostrum and who qualifies for next year. Yes, very meaningless!
  • Like 4

Who is the replacement? Michael Jepsen Jensen (if he is interested) ?

Davey Watt

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Davey Watt

Wattys first reserve, So he should get first choice to ride

Edited by Starman2006