British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Melbourne Gp Saturday 28th October 2017

Well done Jason Doyle, i thought his chance had gone last season but fair play to him he continued his excellent form and is a well deserved winner. Seemed a bit odd Woffy going for that bronze when he gave away a silver in the WC as worthless as only the gold was worth winning?

• Like 1

Well done to Woffy, another world championship medal.

2 Brits in the GP next year too.

Yeah, was great to see a BRITISH rider singing the Australian national anthem!!!!!

Yeah, was great to see a BRITISH rider singing the Australian national anthem!!!!!

ok I'll bite.

What's wrong with that, he grew up singing it and obviously feels respectful towards the country. Did you see/hear his answer to Jason Crump in the follow up interviews?

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the Aussie win and I don't think I've uttered those words before, can't help but admire Doyle for coming back the way he has, clearly made of tough stuff.

• Like 1

Congrats to Jason Doyle 👏👏

Lets hope we see the new WC in British Speedway in 2018 whether its at Swindon or elsewhere

All the very best to our ex skipper Jason Doyle World Champion. Four years ago he and Cook were about level pegging, lets see how Cookie does next year.

My god Pearson went into full screaming like a demented fool overdrive when Doyley took the title. Still, at least he managed to notice when the title was won this season.

Woeful commentator. Ruins the coverage, real professional commentators show excitement without screaming like demented fools.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 6

My god Pearson went into full screaming like a demented fool overdrive when Doyley took the title. Still, at least he managed to notice when the title was won this season.

Woeful commentator. Ruins the coverage, real professional commentators show excitement without screaming like demented fools.

turn the sound down if you dont like it . at least nigel loves and promote the sport

Edited by ray c
  • Like 5

Surely the Pearson, Tatum knocking argument was lost ages ago.

He lived his childhood there.

He sang the UK national anthem at Cardiff too.

Absolutely nothing to see here.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2

My god Pearson went into full screaming like a demented fool overdrive when Doyley took the title. Still, at least he managed to notice when the title was won this season.Woeful commentator. Ruins the coverage, real professional commentators show excitement without screaming like demented fools.

Agree 100% and before his fan boys start spouting on about turning the volume down, I did and HAD to as he was like a demented banshee. There's enthusiasm and then there's completely unprofessional and his ridiculous monkey noises very much falls into the latter of those two things.

• Like 5

AND let's not forget the huge distances, as just mentioned by NP and KT, required to reach Melbourne from other parts of Australia. It's not exactly like Manchester to Cardiff.

Wasn’t the Melbourne GP sold on the premise that people would go to watch events in the Ethiad regardless of what sport was on?

• Like 1

It's such a shame that the classic races of our time are accompanied by commentary that consists of nothing better than screaming and shouting and elongating riders' surnames.
  • Like 3