Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Melbourne Gp Saturday 28th October 2017

It has been "explained" but the explanation is wrong. The Aus titles were used to decide the wildcard and two meeting reserves, fine, great. What the Aus title was NOT for was to decide the series reserves for the final round. Watt can be a reserve thats up to MA/BSI/FIM but the replacement for Iversen should be the declared GP reserve riders. We have 6 of them now, so where are they all? And nobody give me the bullrubbish that they couldn't get there, BSI/FIM should be sending the series reserves out with the rest of the field, it's a World Championship, not a travelling circus.

Correct.

Watt riding is a pathetic joke.

• Like 1

Exactly- Max Fricke pulled out on the 10th October- fully 18 days before this GP. If the will from the FIM/BSI had been there he would have been replaced properly !!!!!

The solution as I see it, if the promoter won't pay for the series reserve to travel out is to have the series reserves as the meeting reserves. Some will say, "year but then the Aussies will get less riders" I'd counter that with they have had far more riders in their GPs to date anyway to last a good few season yet!

As a rider who is retired Mr Watt should be nowhere near this GP, other than in the stand with the rest of the paying public.

• Like 2

As a rider who is retired Mr Watt should be nowhere near this GP, other than in the stand with the rest of the paying public.

It's the reasons he retired for that really count. He couldn't make a start and if he did he couldn't hold the place. Curiously he DID have a good season in the Southern Hemisphere but for some inexplicable reason he could not replicate any of that form Up North. Perhaps he suddenly going to "come good" in a spectacular way and amaze us all? Imagine that! He does.

Does anybody know what time practice will take place?

Guest GiveusaB

Poor Davey Watt...it's not his decision that he's been selected to ride?

He's given a good service to speedway over the years imo.... so I wish him well on Saturday and I don't begrudge him a 'magical' end to his career !

Hoping Tai can seal 3rd place! :t:

Tomorrow 3pm local

thanks. Think we will pop along to familiarise ourselves with the place.

Hello from the sky, 9 hours left till Melbourne :)

Those were the days when you take your own beer to the plane and had nothing but them and a copy of Spar to keep you company... :lol:

Poor Davey Watt...it's not his decision that he's been selected to ride?

He's given a good service to speedway over the years imo.... so I wish him well on Saturday and I don't begrudge him a 'magical' end to his career !

Hoping Tai can seal 3rd place! :t:

He could have and should have stepped down and recommended that the place go to the next young Aussie rider who needs the experience. He could then have taken a lap of "honour" which he truly deserved for his final - 8/10 Aussie season. I hope that he does not embarrass himself.

• Like 1

I think its a shame that this is souring the end to an otherwise brilliant GP Season.

Some easy points for Holder IMO .

He needs all the help he can get judging by his current yoyo form in the GPs.

• Like 2

He needs all the help he can get judging by his current yoyo form in the GPs.

It's all a conspiracy of monster proportions to avoid awarding him a wild card for 2018 (insert smilie of your choice)

• Like 1