British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

Only about £35/40 plus travel/parking.

A rather selfish outlook NW...😂😂

These promoters need and deserve our patronage, let's be thankful and grateful for the magnificent bounty they put before us week in week out....😂😂

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

At the moment I don't know just how many of the injured riders won't be fit enough to ride on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, whatever the situation I don't see it as a farce. So far as I know, all of the missing riders will be injured, with the exception of Howarth, so it isn't like the many matches with lots of guests and r/r because of doubling up and FIM commitments that have been farcical. Injuries are part and parcel of the sport and can't be avoided, no matter what system we have. We obviously know about Lindgren and Thorssell but if a significant number of the others presently injured are not fit for the two meetings this week but would be soon afterwards, then rearranged dates before the end of the season may be possible and sensible. If not it should go ahead as planned. I'm not in favour of running it at the beginning of next season when both clubs will have different teams and it would be a farce to run the 2017 cup final in 2018.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Another farce of a meeting full of Guests and R/R - an accurate representation of British Speedway this year though I suppose!

To be fair, this situation can hardly be helped, as bar Howarth it is all due to injuries.

A rather selfish outlook NW...

These promoters need and deserve our patronage, let's be thankful and grateful for the magnificent bounty they put before us week in week out....

And again, moan when it is warranted by all means, but how exactly do you account for potentially six riders being out injured?

• Like 1

A rather selfish outlook NW...

These promoters need and deserve our patronage, let's be thankful and grateful for the magnificent bounty they put before us week in week out....

Fair enough but I was just answering your question rather than complaining.

If it's called off on Wednesday, which looking at the weather forecast seems likely, any idea as to when it would be run - Friday perhaps?

Friday is wolves end of season party

• Like 1

To be fair, this situation can hardly be helped, as bar Howarth it is all due to injuries.

And again, moan when it is warranted by all means, but how exactly do you account for potentially six riders being out injured?

Squads.

Friday is wolves end of season party

Could hold it in The Peter Craven Suite!!

• Like 5

Confirmed that Schlein and Howarth are both out injured.

Tomorrow Wolves line up as follows:

Nick Morris Ricky Wells Scott Nicholls RR Sam Masters Mark Riss Nathan Greaves.

No decisions yet on Max Fricke or Craig Cook.

Why does the Wolves website have Erik Riss in and not Mark? I assume it's a typo.

Glad we have Nick Morris in though, looked quick last week. Ricky Wells at no2 should be OK too although he isn't great round Monmore.

Still Belle Vue are favourites though, I assume Cook will ride with a Guest for Worrall or Fricke?

Then maybe don't run it at all this week?..

The aim of Speedway in this country is to put meetings on regardless of whether credible or not, which is fine if it also accepts whilst doing this it renders the very competitions they are running as meaningless..

If the Sport cannot be ran under a team ethos with credibility them simply don't do it as you can never be a successful enterprise as it won't, and can never, be taken seriously..

And injuries happen in Poland and Sweden too, and often share the same injured riders as well yet don't lose credibility of their meetings..

Whilst running Domestic Finals using guests it simply screams "its not important, it has no kudos, it doesn't really matter who wins, but we just need to end the season"...

A proper ran Sport would see it's domestic finals as a pinnacle of the Sport..

British Speedway sadly obviously doesn't follow the same principle and invariably reaps the income from attendances and wider media coverage it deserves.

Edited by mikebv

Confirmed that Schlein and Howarth are both out injured.

Tomorrow Wolves line up as follows:

Nick Morris Ricky Wells Scott Nicholls RR Sam Masters Mark Riss Nathan Greaves.

No decisions yet on Max Fricke or Craig Cook.

Considering the huge pickle we are in, that team doesn't look too bad. And I think Wells is pretty good at Monmore.

• Like 1

Considering the huge pickle we are in, that team doesn't look too bad. And I think Wells is pretty good at Monmore.

Should be fine as our no2 I imagine. I wonder if that's the team for Wednesday too.

Squads.

Nice in principle but how do you cover the extra cost? What if your number 1 is out and your squad cover is. NL rider. Do the increased number of riders without a team place just drop out of the sport?

Not sure where the Wells isn't good at Monmore has come from!

Can't grumble at that side tbh, very strong given the circumstances.

Still Belle Vue are favourites though, I assume Cook will ride with a Guest for Worrall or Fricke?

Steve has declared himself fit for Newcastle's meeting tonight albeit with a strapped up wrist