British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

Don't think we go have enough race shirts for all these guests.Think Nicholls will ride for Sheffield again on Wednesday night.

Don't think we go have enough race shirts for all these guests.Think Nicholls will ride for Sheffield again on Wednesday night.

Busy week for Scotty, I can see some Wolves fans might be thinking, why didn't he guest last week!

Edited by foreverblue

Best hope Nathan Greaves doesn't ring in sick, Brum really could get a rider ;):D

• Like 1

It really is a Premiership select team that face BV.

Fricke now withdrawn from Melbourne GP so another season ending injury.

Dropping like flies for this one it seems, any news on Cook?

On the Belle Vue web-site previously, the management have commendably denounced poor behaviour by fans in the Grand Final. Yet referring to the second leg of the KO Cup final, they have called it a 'grudge match'. Hardly seems like consistent thinking to me. :unsure:

• Like 1

On the Belle Vue web-site previously, the management have commendably denounced poor behaviour by fans in the Grand Final. Yet referring to the second leg of the KO Cup final, they have called it a 'grudge match'. Hardly seems like consistent thinking to me. :unsure:

A load of nonsense.

A load of nonsense.

In what way ? If they are trying to keep temperatures down,(on both sides) that doesn't help does it ?

In what way ? If they are trying to keep temperatures down,(on both sides) that doesn't help does it ?

It's perfectly possible to have a 'grudge' match without some lunatics causing problems. I don't see anything wrong with the press release.

Let's put this into perspective, there was an isolated incident of someone, at the most two people, throwing items onto the track which was unacceptable behaviour. The rest, the booing, jeering etc, some may not like it, but it's all part of it.

It also must be pointed out just how dangerous social media and this forum can be. We've had to put up with one poster in particular on here who has done nothing but stir up a hornets nest between the two clubs to the extent that many Wolves fans I have spoken too (and indeed fans from other teams) have developed a deep dislike for Belle Vue purely because of his posts. When you throw in using various accounts on other forms of social media to again, shall we say, stir the pot, it begins to create a toxic atmosphere.

Don't be fooled into thinking that it is just those that post, there are many others who read the forum

This thread has not headed down that route yet solely due to his absence.

It is a great shame that this final will be somewhat ruined by the sheer number of missing riders, BUT, it is still a final, both teams I am sure will give their all and hopefully both sets of fans will be treated to some good racing.

Speaking of guests and Cup Finals, was it the KOC Cup Final in which a rider rode for Cradley in one leg and Wolves in the other?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

It's perfectly possible to have a 'grudge' match without some lunatics causing problems. I don't see anything wrong with the press release.

Let's put this into perspective, there was an isolated incident of someone, at the most two people, throwing items onto the track which was unacceptable behaviour. The rest, the booing, jeering etc, some may not like it, but it's all part of it.

It also must be pointed out just how dangerous social media and this forum can be. We've had to put up with one poster in particular on here who has done nothing but stir up a hornets nest between the two clubs to the extent that many Wolves fans I have spoken too (and indeed fans from other teams) have developed a deep dislike for Belle Vue purely because of his posts. When you throw in using various accounts on other forms of social media to again, shall we say, stir the pot, it begins to create a toxic atmosphere.

Don't be fooled into thinking that it is just those that post, there are many others who read the forum

It is a great shame that this final will be somewhat ruined by the sheer number of missing riders, BUT, it is still a final, both teams I am sure will give their all and hopefully both sets of fans will be treated to some good racing.

Speaking of guests and Cup Finals, was it the KOC Cup Final in which a rider rode for Cradley in one leg and Wolves in the other?

Kelvin Tatum ?

I agree with your comments but it is not just one Belle Vue poster on here or on social media. Unfortunately, one Wolves poster, someone I previously had some respect for, has also intentionally or not, risked inflaming the situation by suggesting that the injuries sustained by Lindgren and Thorssell were deliberately caused by Bjerre and Tungate and another previously respected Wolves fan suggested on social media that those two Belle Vue riders get winners medals along with the Swindon team.

Hopefully sensible voices will prevail and any further stupidity will be stamped on by fans of both clubs.

Edited by Aces51