British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

By calling this meeting a "grudge match" the BV promotion are hoping to get a few more people through the turnstiles. Nothing wrong with it and it would be nitpicking to say that it was inflaming any situation. It's perfectly plausible to have a grudge match without the need for people to cross the line. Besides, the BV leg of this meeting won't be on Wednesday anyways...

• Like 1

It's perfectly possible to have a 'grudge' match without some lunatics causing problems. I don't see anything wrong with the press release.

Let's put this into perspective, there was an isolated incident of someone, at the most two people, throwing items onto the track which was unacceptable behaviour. The rest, the booing, jeering etc, some may not like it, but it's all part of it.

It also must be pointed out just how dangerous social media and this forum can be. We've had to put up with one poster in particular on here who has done nothing but stir up a hornets nest between the two clubs to the extent that many Wolves fans I have spoken too (and indeed fans from other teams) have developed a deep dislike for Belle Vue purely because of his posts. When you throw in using various accounts on other forms of social media to again, shall we say, stir the pot, it begins to create a toxic atmosphere.

Don't be fooled into thinking that it is just those that post, there are many others who read the forum

This thread has not headed down that route yet solely due to his absence.

It is a great shame that this final will be somewhat ruined by the sheer number of missing riders, BUT, it is still a final, both teams I am sure will give their all and hopefully both sets of fans will be treated to some good racing.

Speaking of guests and Cup Finals, was it the KOC Cup Final in which a rider rode for Cradley in one leg and Wolves in the other?

Jimmy Nilson 1989?

Kelvin Tatum ?

Jimmy Nilsen in '89 I think.

I couldn't remember if it was Tatum or Nilsen tbh!

As it appears it was Nilsen, did Tatum do something similar in the DWT once?

Best hope Nathan Greaves doesn't ring in sick, Brum really could get a rider ;):D

I'll start her up in the morning just in case. :wink:

On the Belle Vue web-site previously, the management have commendably denounced poor behaviour by fans in the Grand Final. Yet referring to the second leg of the KO Cup final, they have called it a 'grudge match'. Hardly seems like consistent thinking to me. :unsure:

About time the behaviour was publicly condemned.

I agree with your comments but it is not just one Belle Vue poster on here or on social media. Unfortunately, one Wolves poster, someone I previously had some respect for, has also intentionally or not, risked inflaming the situation by suggesting that the injuries sustained by Lindgren and Thorssell were deliberately caused by Bjerre and Tungate

And already said it was said in the heat of the moment.

It also must be pointed out just how dangerous social media and this forum can be. We've had to put up with one poster in particular on here who has done nothing but stir up a hornets nest between the two clubs to the extent that many Wolves fans I have spoken too (and indeed fans from other teams) have developed a deep dislike for Belle Vue purely because of his posts. When you throw in using various accounts on other forms of social media to again, shall we say, stir the pot, it begins to create a toxic atmosphere.

Don't be fooled into thinking that it is just those that post, there are many others who read the forum

This thread has not headed down that route yet solely due to his absence.

How peaceful has this forum been without that vile poster making it unbearable. Long may it continue. Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

The way Nicholls is riding tonight Adams needs to get on the blower to someone, anyone.

• Like 1

The way Nicholls is riding tonight Adams needs to get on the blower to someone, anyone.

Seems like we book Harris and/or Nicholls without a second thought when the reality is that time is passing them by year on year !

Danny King?

Musileak would've been better. Even though I can't spell his name !

• Like 3

And already said it was said in the heat of the moment.

Except that over a week after the meetings you were again commenting that Aces riders took out your top two.

That was plainly untrue but you know it is the sort of comment that the idiots will latch onto to justify their behaviour.

Except that over a week after the meetings you were again commenting that Aces riders took out your top two.

That was plainly untrue.

Interesting claim..

Aces riders did take out Wolves top two, that is plainly true.

However, they did not do it deliberately, both were complete racing incidents where neither party was wholly to blame, especially the first one, the second there is an argument for saying Lindgren came across too sharply of course.

• Like 1

That was plainly untrue but you know it is the sort of comment that the idiots will latch onto to justify their behaviour.

Did I? Care to quote me as I don't recall repeating it.

Your inbox is full

#426 in the Premiership Grand Final Second Leg thread.

I referred to it in my post#449 and you responded at #461, that you were sick of reading goading posts from Aces fans on social media. Which I read to mean you had felt the need to respond with a goading post of your own and that was what I said at #469. I don't think you ever responded to that post.

Interesting claim..

Aces riders did take out Wolves top two, that is plainly true.

However, they did not do it deliberately, both were complete racing incidents where neither party was wholly to blame, especially the first one, the second there is an argument for saying Lindgren came across too sharply of course.

If you read the various posts I refer to in my post above it is clear that in the overall context the reference to taking out the Wolves top two wasn't intended to be read as being anything other than deliberate. Especially, when you take into account the original allegation made on the night of the meeting and excused as being in the heat of the moment, that Belle Vue riders were deliberately trying to injure Wolves riders. Edited by Aces51

#426 in the Premiership Grand Final Second Leg thread.

I referred to it in my post#449 and you responded at #461, that you were sick of reading goading posts from Aces fans on social media. Which I read to mean you had felt the need to respond with a goading post of your own and that was what I said at #469. I don't think you ever responded to that post.

He wasn't goading, he was stating facts. Two Wolves riders were injured after collisions with Aces riders. Aces riders were excluded on both occasions as a result, as such deemed to be to blame.

Whether those decisions were correct is another argument, but Steve was quite correct to refute a claim that Wolves had 'used up all their luck' in their semi-final. Two riders with broken bones in their back/neck is far from 'using up luck'.

• Like 1

He wasn't goading, he was stating facts. Two Wolves riders were injured after collisions with Aces riders. Aces riders were excluded on both occasions as a result, as such deemed to be to blame.

Whether those decisions were correct is another argument, but Steve was quite correct to refute a claim that Wolves had 'used up all their luck' in their semi-final. Two riders with broken bones in their back/neck is far from 'using up luck'.

You can interpret the individual post that way in isolation but not if you look at the overall context of his comments and the views previously expressed.

It makes no sense to say it was made as a result of reading goading posts if it wasn't meant to be interpreted as placing blame on Bjerre and Tungate.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1