British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

#426 in the Premiership Grand Final Second Leg thread.

I referred to it in my post#449 and you responded at #461, that you were sick of reading goading posts from Aces fans on social media. Which I read to mean you had felt the need to respond with a goading post of your own and that was what I said at #469. I don't think you ever responded to that post.

It's a danger to read things as you want than what was intended.

The goading was rather pathetic and I stated so.

I'm not going to keep explaining what I meant or what you thought I meant.

The original comment I made I admitted was said in haste. Any other comments about certain Aces fans were inflamed by goading behaviour.

I don't read my reply as likewise 'goading' in #461 just further infuriation. So hence no need to get into any further 'goading' discussions.

Your inbox is full

Not anymore although I have no idea why you feel a need to PM me!

On the Belle Vue web-site previously, the management have commendably denounced poor behaviour by fans in the Grand Final. Yet referring to the second leg of the KO Cup final, they have called it a 'grudge match'. Hardly seems like consistent thinking to me. :unsure:

I'm pretty sure Belle Vue weren't in the Grand Final

• Like 1

Most neutrals saw the Lindgren crash as his own fault.Lindgren wasn't lucky but Wolves were lucky Bjerre was wrongly excluded.Freddie cut in from the outside line,locked up leaving Bjerre nowhere to go.Wolves fans will obviously see it differently.

• Like 4

Wolverhampton Facebook.

TONIGHT ◾

KOC Final v Belle Vue

WE NEED YOU to be our 7th Wolf!

Once again the #wolfpack are underdogs as we are without 4 riders including our top 2 riders due to injury but we will give it everything as we deserve a trophy this season.

We thank our guests that will come into the Pack

Will Belle Vue choke as they did in the 2016 Final and the semi final this year?

Only time will tell....

Be there to find out!

Its our last meeting this year, dont miss it! Its a long winter #wolfpack

That should give the Aces the motivation to win.

Edited by Aces51

You can interpret the individual post that way in isolation but not if you look at the overall context of his comments and the views previously expressed.

It makes no sense to say it was made as a result of reading goading posts if it wasn't meant to be interpreted as placing blame on Bjerre and Tungate.

Lol if this was on the BV page wolves fans would be on one.

Aces once again under dogs in the final, no fricke and with cook, worrall and smith all way below full fitness, wolves should wrap this up in the 1st leg.

Blimey i sound like a wolves fan lol

Aces once again under dogs in the final, no fricke and with cook, worrall and smith all way below full fitness, wolves should wrap this up in the 1st leg.

No you sound like a Aces fan trying to make out Wolves should win when in truth Belle Vue should walk this overall.

• Like 1

IIRC it would have been Wolves that choked up a 13 point lead had it not been for a dodgy ref!!! Can't really argue that we have choked the past 2 years at Monmore though... Although that's not really a word for Wolves as a promotion to be banding about...

If, for instance, Riss gets excluded tonight when it palpably wasn't his fault (It usually is by the way :D ), I wonder what the fallout (no pun intended) would be?

I would say with all our injuries the Aces must be massive favourites to be honest

Looks like Wolverhampton speedway have choked it and removed the post now 😁

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Belle Vue weren't in the Grand Final

Perhaps the word "qualification" was missing. :wink:

BBC weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't look too good.

What options would there be for re-staging or is it a must-run meeting?

BBC weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't look too good.

What options would there be for re-staging or is it a must-run meeting?

surely it must run meeting it is a official fixture

No you sound like a Aces fan trying to make out Wolves should win when in truth Belle Vue should walk this overall.

Some realistic Wolves fans were saying yesterday that the guests have given them a decent team for the home leg. Morris, Wells and Nicholls can all do well at Monmore. We are without Fricke, our best rider at Wolves in the play offs and according to Wolves fans, Tungate and Cook are just throttle jockeys, incapable of riding the technical track. Although I guess some of them might have changed their minds by now.

Cook, Worrall and Smith were all injured at the weekend so the away leg could be tough. Hopefully, the track tonight will not have been affected by the weather and will be better prepared to allow some decent racing. I'm hoping for an Aces win and it is certainly possible but a small Wolves lead won't be a disaster.

Apart from Nicholls I don't know who will be guesting for Wolves at the NSS but I think we can do more than enough there to win overall.

At the moment the weather forecast is for heavy rain most of the day on Wednesday, stopping at about 6/7pm. I am sure that, if necessary, a new date can be found before the end of the season.

Edited by Aces51

Just hoping to salvage some pride and win the home leg, the overall result is a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1