British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

Cook on the speedway world stage in 2018 - what a F'ing farce - although will make Saturday nights comical again I reckon.

By all accounts it's a really poor crowd as expected with how many Guests are on show.

Get a squad system in and get rid of this charade.

Doubling up is rife because there are not enough riders..... so where do you think you will get enough riders to have a squad system ?u
  • Like 1

Doubling up is rife because there are not enough riders..... so where do you think you will get enough riders to have a squad system ?u

Spot on ..the bspa do a bad job but some of fans just don't even think .

Some of the Wolves fans are the worst in the country.

As bad as some Aces fans?? That would take some doing.

A decent meeting tonight on a well prepared track. The racing was better than last weeks play off final, but the crowd was pretty poor.

31 points from the three guests was ok for Wolves. 10 points is doable but not easy. Do we know if it's the same teams tomorrow? I assume it will be.

The weather forecast is still dire, let's hope it improves overnight.

31 points from the three guests was ok for Wolves. 10 points is doable but not easy. Do we know if it's the same teams tomorrow? I assume it will be.

The weather forecast is still dire, let's hope it improves overnight.

Belle vue got out of jail tonight big time, wolves should of had this finished tonight, at 16 points up after 11 heats i expected a 20+ points defeat.

On to tomorrow (weather permitting) if its the same 6 for wolves then the Aces should really be beating them by more than 10. Nicholls and wells are both average around the nss, morris is ok but not on lingrens level by a long way, masters doesnt seem fully fit to me and we should outscore the reserves.

Belle vue got out of jail tonight big time, wolves should of had this finished tonight, at 16 points up after 11 heats i expected a 20+ points defeat.

On to tomorrow (weather permitting) if its the same 6 for wolves then the Aces should really be beating them by more than 10. Nicholls and wells are both average around the nss, morris is ok but not on lingrens level by a long way, masters doesnt seem fully fit to me and we should outscore the reserves.

I hear our Guests are Lawson, Nicholls and Erik Riss anyway. Was going to be Wells as well but they had already booked Nicholls for both meetings which was a bad move as he isn't good around the NSS.

This is Wolverhampton Speedway official FB page we're talking about here , not some random fans view ?

And in light of BV being criticized for using the term 'grudge match' on this forum ...of course its relevant

We agree to disagree.

There are more than enough riders, nothing to do with 'doubling up'.

You simply promote National League riders to the 'Championship' and so on.

Just how it used to be.

• Like 2

Some of the Wolves fans are the worst in the country.

Bloody hell Fred,yet another new account/alias. Give it a rest, you shame all of the decent Aces fans,which is all of them, except you.

Really pleased that we managed to end the season with a home win, particularly with a hotch potch league select side. And that is it now till march.☹️

• Like 2

A decent meeting tonight on a well prepared track. The racing was better than last weeks play off final, but the crowd was pretty poor.

The fans continue to vote with their feet.

No one is interested in the KO Cup.

The fans continue to vote with their feet.

No one is interested in the KO Cup.

Definitely a contributing factor but remember this is a 'Final'...

I think overall, running a 'guestfest' Final would have negatively impacted the crowd level much, much more..

The 'Wolves' team(s) used will have destroyed any credible standing the event had in the eyes of many of the fans..

Maybe more home fans will attend the second leg as the Aces didn't reach the PO Final so winning the KO Cup might be seen as some consolation by some Aces fans? ..

It isn't really is it though? Given its not really 'Wolves' that we are racing against..

And if the Sport's guardians don't take one of their Finals seriously, why should the fans?

• Like 2

I think if a team has three or more members missing or if the total with both teams combined is four or more then the fixture shouldn't be run. Filling gaps with guests has been far to easy recently and has resulted in riders missing meetings willy nilly.

The current situation with Wolves is quite unique imo as all the riders involved are injured. There is no prospect of rearranging this tie within the current season so I think steps should have been taken to make the Wolves team at least feel like a Wolves team. The inclusion of Wells fits the bill and I would have been happy to see Tai. R/R for another spot would leave only one potential "foreigner" in the wolf pack and I hope give their fans something to genuinely get behind.

One side note I'd like to make is that comments about how uninterested fans are about this competition do not contribute to the greater good and should be kept to yourself. A potential sponsor toying with the idea of becoming involved would soon turn away as would any floating supporter.

Constructive criticism, yes.

Blind pessimism, no.

• Like 1