British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Wolves -v Belle Vue 10th/11th October Ko Cup Final

I think you make a very valid point that it's probably more Pete Adams that he is loyal too.

Have no idea what these Birmingham stories are you refer to tho?

Just normal B/S you hear.Heard a comment re him having an interest in the vacant promotion at Birmingham.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Cook is Aces thru and thru. No denying that. And he always gets my support when he is racing for GB (like any named rider).

Woffy is a different class so as such doesn't have to put up with the nonsense our governing body expect.

If he rode in England then Wolves would be his number one choice. I'm under no illusion that iv the right offer came to him elsewhere he would most likely take it.

He still clearly enjoys being a Wolves asset and just maybe if fixed nights are happening (something him AND all the top riders have been saying for about 8 years now) then we might see him back in Wolves colours.

Woffy would get my support every time over Cook, which really is no surprise.

I'm not sure he would go elsewhere though (even if the offer was better), he was on Twitter only a few days ago saying he wouldn't ride for anybody else but Wolves.

A Swindon fan asked him about contracts in regards to assets and what he would do if Wolves sold his contract. He said that his contract wouldn't be worth anything because he wouldn't ride for anybody else.

Just a honest question Steve is Woffy loyal to Wolves or loyal to Pete Adams would he be keen to come back if say Adams retires or moves on(Birmingham stories).

Good question but I think he is ultimately loyal to CVS too, so even if Adams was to move on (which I don't think he will anyway) then I don't think that would impact things.

On the subject of Birmingham - I've heard Ermolenko is involved and possibly Woffinden to some capacity too but I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

It depends how you define top riders. Top 3 in the world, top 5, top 20 etc.He qualified as of right for the GP's, no wild card necessary, riding on foreign tracks and beating many top riders to do so. He has earned his place amongst arguably the top 15 riders in the world. That in my book makes him a top rider and is a valid opinion supported by the facts. I have never heard Cook claim to be in the same class as the absolute cream but he has the belief in his ability and the ambition to get there. Nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

I don't think he is up to GP standard, he is a gater which helps at that level but I would be happy for him if he did manage to make the top ten. I have nothing against him, good luck to him but his world cup form in the past has shown him up to be a bit a bit short of the required level.

Can a Wolverhampton fan explain why Craig Cook was getting so much abuse after heat 13 & 15, what has he done?

in heat 15 he had both wheels over the white line on the first lap of the 3/4th bend and should have been excluded even a belle vue fan I spoke to said he did and he said he did the same a week or two ago so maybe that was why in heat 15 , don't know about heat 13

He's not like Woffinden at all , i think thats why we love him ! :t:

not all of youlove going by the belle vue facebook page

in heat 15 he had both wheels over the white line on the first lap of the 3/4th bend and should have been excluded even a belle vue fan I spoke to said he did and he said he did the same a week or two ago so maybe that was why in heat 15 , don't know about heat 13

Cook is alright when he makes the gate (like most riders) but isn't great coming from behind, which is perhaps the little bit of extra quality that you would expect from the top riders like those in the GPs.

Fell off twice last night after overdoing it, not to mention that he did in the playoffs too. Of course Monmore can be tricky for away riders but you would expect a bit more control from a soon to be GP rider, he almost took Ricky Wells out last night with some very dangerous riding, much like his mate Tungate did to Thorrsell and he also fell off last night (can't say that surprised me though)

Edited by Perton Wolf

I followed the meeting on the wireless and the commentator did question whether he crossed the white line in 15, so maybe he did but there's no way the majority of Wolves fans could have seen that from the main stand. The reception he got after winning ht13 was clearly audible, loud boos and shouts of derision as he came round on the warm down.

I don't suppose it's a bad thing, as others have said the sport is short of 'villains' anyway. I can't agree with the comments that he thinks he's better than he is, if anything he's the opposite, self confidence doesn't come naturally to Craig, any decent judge of a character can see that every time he's interviewed, but we all know that speedway is all about confidence, so he tries to give that impression.

Either way he's earned his place in the GP series and we know for a fact he will represent GB with pride, here's hoping he has a successful maiden season and can cement himself into the series, tall order indeed but he's still improving.

m

Ah right thats the reason for the large section of fans doing V signs, masterbation signs and shouting foul language.

Wolverhampton trying attract families, I would never take my kids there.

Wolverhampton management have acknowledged they have an issue with their column in a programme in August warning fans of their behaviour.

It comes to something when Belle Vue fans are lecturing other teams about their fans bad behaviour .

Might be an idea to put your own house in order first before pontificating over the rest of us

• Like 3

On the subject of Birmingham - I've heard Ermolenko is involved and possibly Woffinden to some capacity too but I'm not 100% sure.

If Ermolenko is at Birmingham that will be a big disappointment given the news in the programme last night that we might need a new front man at Wolves.

• Like 2

They're announcing the new Birmingham owners during the interval at Perry Barr tonight apparently.

Whilst we're on the subject of Birmingham, Tony Mole finally retires tonight with the meeting in his honour. I'm sure that every Wolves fan wishes him all the best and thanks for his part in rescuing us, together with CVS, in the 80s :t::t::t:

• Like 3

Back to tonight, very poor choice of guests, should be easy for the Aces, surely Danny King and Lasse Bjerre would be better as guests.

I'm not sure he would go elsewhere though (even if the offer was better), he was on Twitter only a few days ago saying he wouldn't ride for anybody else but Wolves.

A Swindon fan asked him about contracts in regards to assets and what he would do if Wolves sold his contract. He said that his contract wouldn't be worth anything because he wouldn't ride for anybody else.

Good question but I think he is ultimately loyal to CVS too, so even if Adams was to move on (which I don't think he will anyway) then I don't think that would impact things.

yes I'd imagine that's right. UK money is small change and I doubt many other clubs would offers much more vast amount of money for him to even think twice.

working at Birmingham I've heard no rumours about Adams/Ermolenko being involved.

It comes to something when Belle Vue fans are lecturing other teams about their fans bad behaviour .

Might be an idea to put your own house in order first before pontificating over the rest of us

very well said.

They're announcing the new Birmingham owners during the interval at Perry Barr tonight apparently.

Whilst we're on the subject of Birmingham, Tony Mole finally retires tonight with the meeting in his honour. I'm sure that every Wolves fan wishes him all the best and thanks for his part in rescuing us, together with CVS, in the 80s :t::t::t:

Absolutely. A total legend for many clubs in the sport.

Still raining but bbc weather now says dry from 7pm so depends how the track is i suppose.

Back to tonight, very poor choice of guests, should be easy for the Aces, surely Danny King and Lasse Bjerre would be better as guests.

I would agree normally but apparently Wolves have little or no choice in this, it is simply a case of availability.